• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fly fisher
    Staff Sergeant

• Dec 2009

Naming My Pages in Page Properties

In my first web site Alureings.com I remember that before the name of the page, in the (Page Properties) I had to put the web name before the page name. Sample Alureings-Home Or Alureings-Gallery. This is not brought up in the tutorials. Q. Is this necessary? As I recall when published, I remember that my pages could not find each other until I did this.??
    Now I have 30 Pages in (PJmotorsports.com) So I want to do this right the first time. THANKS Again
  • Collectors-info
    General

• Feb 2006

Re: Naming My Pages in Page Properties

Always name your pages with relevance to the individual page. So if your home page & site is about pictures? Name the page "picture_gallery_alureings" & title the page something like "Picture Photo Painting Image gallery Alureings" Use these words in the page description & keywords, remembering all these words must also be within the pages text content a few times. (But not to much, as it will be classed as spam)
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• fly fisher
      Staff Sergeant

• Dec 2009

Are we saying the same thing. In page properties/ In the general file (Title) Along with the page name,you MUST also add the web or URL name in the title. Such as (Page Name)= pjmotorsports-mikuni-jets-page. I also noticed that you put the web name at the end. Example: mikuni-jets-page-pjmotorsports. Is there a difference??

Comment

• Collectors-info
        General

• Feb 2006

Order of word importance! More visitor that will come to your site will be typing in mikuni-jets than pjmotorsports to begin with. Also! only use words that are of importance to the relevance of the page. IE: "pjmotorsports-mikuni-jets-page" would be better as
        "mikuni jets pjmotorsports" Removing also the word page as i doubt a visitor will type this in to find you.
        Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• ahimsa
          Major General

• Jan 2009

Originally posted by fly fisher View Post
          In my first web site Alureings.com I remember that before the name of the page, in the (Page Properties) I had to put the web name before the page name. Sample Alureings-Home Or Alureings-Gallery. This is not brought up in the tutorials. Q. Is this necessary? As I recall when published, I remember that my pages could not find each other until I did this.??
          Now I have 30 Pages in (PJmotorsports.com) So I want to do this right the first time. THANKS Again
          ......but if it's just a question about what is necessary to publish a page, the answer is only that you can name & save a page what you like! They don't even have to be the same. eg: you can "name" your page 'Home' but "save" it as 'index'. BlueVoda will automatically publish the page as index.html & the title will come up in the browser as Home.
          david
          Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

• fly fisher
            Staff Sergeant

• Dec 2009

I'm sorry but now I'm confused. My page properties Title Identifies the name that page in relationship to pjmotorsports. And I thought that it relates only to (how would you say) enternal website movement between pages in that site. And Meta tags brings the people to your site. I have another site called Alureings.com in which i'm have a problem with the attraction that you are talking about. and now i'm thinking that this might be the problem. I put (alureings_gallery.html) not (gallery_alureings.html)

Comment

• zuriatman

• Sep 2006

flyfisher,

Dont confuse yourself with what we are trying to advise you and what you think should be the right approach.

Read and follow the instructions given to you. Try them out and see what happens. Mistakes can be corrected.

Since you have so many pages now, my advice is to open a folder for each activity in your cPanel [public_html] folder, i.e.

"fishing-rods", "lure", "worm-type" etc.

Place all the relevant web pages under their different folders.

Then publish as follows:

public_html/index
              [this is your home page, do not clutter it with other files]

public_html/fishing-rods

or

public_html/lure

or

public_html/worm-type

Then it is easy for you to find your web pages in cPanel and also to do mantainance on them.
              www.siapamoyanganda.com/
              Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
              State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

• Collectors-info
                General

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by fly fisher View Post
                I'm sorry but now I'm confused. My page properties Title Identifies the name that page in relationship to pjmotorsports. And I thought that it relates only to (how would you say) enternal website movement between pages in that site. And Meta tags brings the people to your site. I have another site called Alureings.com in which i'm have a problem with the attraction that you are talking about. and now i'm thinking that this might be the problem. I put (alureings_gallery.html) not (gallery_alureings.html)
                Now i see what your site is about, i would name the page "earrings_picture_gallery_alureings"
                Have keywords like: Earrings,jewellery,fly,fishing,feather earrings, making sure these words are repeated on the page a couple of times.
                Have a description of: Earrings & jewellery that are hand crafted as a fly fishing lure.
                The galley page will struggle with the SE's with the lack of text. But would be a lot beter if the images were named with a referance to what they are. IE: feather-earring.jpg with a similar alt text description.
                The only thing that might get confused is whether you will get more hits from fishermen or the lady's. lol
                Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• fly fisher
                  Staff Sergeant

• Dec 2009

Thanks Very Much. I had received a similar message from a Friend who has built web sites before. The only thing was I needed to hear it from a BV person because I didn't know if it was the same system. This is neat
                  I love BV again.

Comment

Working...
                  X