• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mohaned954
    Private

• Dec 2009

change

I have built a site for a friend using VodaHost and registered everything here under "fatimaabdulmahmoud.com" we are having problems transferring the domain, so to avoid the hassle can I change the name with VodaHost to "fatimaabdelmahmoud.com". We have already received the login information email from Voda so what would I have to do to change the name and register a new domain?
    my domain name fatimaabdulmahmoud.com
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: change

Not sure what you mean by "we are having problems transferring the domain".

However, there are several options you have:

Option 1: Change the DNS of the original domain, so that they will point to your VH account. This way you don't need to transfer immediately, and you can do it when this will be possible. This is done through the domain control panel of the company where you purchased the original domain name.

Option 2: This is a 3 step procedure:

a. Purchase the new domain name (you can do it from VodaHost)
    b. Set its DNS to point to your VodaHost account DNSs.
    b. Add the new domain to your account, as add on domain, through your C-Panel.

Option 3: Purchase the new domain name, and submit a support ticket to VH to make it the primary domain for your account, and have VodaHost set the correct DNS for you. . This way you will not need to add it as add on.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
    X