publishing from another country

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• publishing from another country

hello, I am currently not in my hoem country but need to change a few pages on my website. How is it possible to do that? The source pages are not with me. Can I download the pages that need changing with FTP? And then can I publish? I tried but did not succeed to download with FTP

Re: publishing from another country

You CAN download with FTP but the downloaded files are HTML so you can't open them directly with BV. You can IMPORT the pages in BV but you will lose part of the content and you will need to recreate it.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

thanks, how can I inport the pages in BV?
      Also is there a different and more efficient of of doing this without losing part of the data?

Comment

Not if you want to use BV. That's because BV is NOT an HTML editor, but a HTML generator.

If instead you want to use an HTML editor, then you will not lose any data.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

ok I am downloading a page, but I am not able to open it with BV.So I suppose it is what you say that I need to import it in BV. How do I do that?
          Can you please expalin as it is quite important and urgent what I need to do.
          Thank you

Comment

in BV -> New Page -> from existing HTML page and type the page URL. BV will import it and then you can work on it, save it with the correct nam.e and publish
            Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
            X