Hyperlink problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyperlink problems

I am having problems linking text (from index page) to another page.

My domain name www.bondiclassifiedsadd.com

My page name is "cat_cleaning"

Text "cleaning"

I click onto the "Hyperlink" to make the link.

I enter URL http://www.bondiclassifiedsadd.com/cat_cleaning.html
    This dose not work

I enter URL www.bondiclassifiedsadd.com/cat_cleaning.html
    This dose not work

Can some one please hel mw. What am I doing wrong????

Re: Hyperlink problems

cat_cleaning.html does not exist

Go look carefully what you called this page. and make sure it's published!
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

I have published it.

Page is named "cat_cleaning"

The text I want to link is "cleaning" on my index page

The link used to link "cleaning" to page "cat-cleaning" is http://www.bondiclassifiedsadd.com/cat_cleaning.html

IT DOSE NOT WORK

I do not know what is wrong????????
      when I go to my index page and click on cleaning, this is what I get
      Not Found

The requested URL /www.bondiclassifiedsadd.com/cat_cleaning.html was not found on this server.
      Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

OR I get this

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/HP_Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image001.gif[/IMG]Oops! This link appears to be broken.

Did you mean: www.*bondiclassifieds*add.*com
      Suggestion:

Search on Google:

Comment

Trust me on this one, if it doesn't show, then you haven't published it correctly or it is NOT titled correctly.

For example:

cat_cleaning is NOT the same as Cat_Cleaning

Make sure the page is called EXACTLY cat_cleaning ALL lower case, no gaps. Republish it again.
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Look in your control panel to see
          1. if the page is published
          2. the exact name of the page
          3. the extension type (html, php, etc.)

It appears that you have not published the page or have a typo in the name of the page
          Reguards
          Ed
          www.dsondesigns.com
          www.marseillesyouthsports.com
          www.300hitter.com
          www.bigjk.net
          How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

I have just checked and the page is saved as "cat_cleaning"
            and I have published it the same ways as the index page to server IP 75.126.104.131

I have named the hyperlink

I am sorry I do not know what I am doing wrong?????????

I am linking text "cleaning" (on index page) to "cat_cleaning" page

By the way when I publish it the text turnes into a link and blue in colour and underlined but dose not link to page.

Comment

Ok, firstly, please stop with the HUGE RED TEXT! There's no need for that and people will just stop helping if that keeps on.

Be patient, we are trying to help you.

Now, do you publish everything to your public_html folder? or do you have folders within this?

Comment

I think to the public? as I did the index page.

I did not do any folders just created the pages.

index and cat_cleaning

published index OK

Comment

well its not going onto your server for some reason. and you are 500% certain the page is definitely called cat_cleaning? all lower case?

make sure in the folder field when you publish it says public_html

Comment

i am 2000% certain as I have copied it and sen it to you word for word.

As I said the TEXT has turned into a link on the index page but will not link to cat_cleaning

Comment

The text will always turn into a link, whether its correct or not. Ok if your'e absolutely certain that it is named correct then something is stopping it uploading to your server.

I am happy if you want to email me by looking on the first website in my signature below and I'll offer to take a look at the problem for you. Have made hundreds of sites thru bv so should fix it within seconds. send me an email so i have your email address. Don't post your email address in the forum tho.

Comment

Ok I will do that. This is the one. " Website Design"
                        By the way the add on the right hand site starting with " Do you have a weight problem" the links here do work.

Now, what information would you like me to send you?
                        please list

By the way I have published the index page and the cat_cleaning page a number of times.

A question would it make a difference if I cald the page cat-cleaning instead of cat_cleaning?

Thanks

Comment

yes thats the link. email me just a blank email, I'll email you back in the email what i need.

No dont change the page name

Comment

I also did not say I forgot that I am a bit dyslectic. But iam sure that I am right with this??????

Comment

Don't worry about that ; - ) Just email me, I'll have it sorted for you. It's very difficult sometime to sort problems out without seeing properly. But email me quick as it's 2am here!

Comment

Working...
                              X