Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Image doesnt show in BV table but does when published

domain: moorookanimalshelter.com.au

All the images on my site aren't part of tables - they're put there afterwards. Problem with that is when you delete a row you have to move all the images up.

The reason I didn't insert images into tables was 'cos I couldn't get it to work, but I'm playing around with it now.

I went to cell properties
    Chose an image
    Do Not repeat
    Centre both horizontally & vertically
    I can not see that image in BV
    I can see it when I publish

the dog down the bottom is the only example of what I just did.
    Just tried changing from a .gif to a .jpg - makes no difference - still can't see it

Any ideas anyone?

Re: Image doesnt show in BV table but does when published

The background image SHOULD appear in BV. At least it does in my BV
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Yes I've done same

1) ftp the image
      2) paste the appropriate code into the BV table cell html to call up the image

Although it publishes fine it would be nice to see the image in BV itself.

What version of BV are you using George..maybe this is the answer?
      Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Hi Darren,

No need to paste code or FTP the image, since the image is added as cell background. BV will upload the image and create the necessary code for the background.

This solution (code - FTP) is only needed if you want to add the image as content of the cell (in order to make it clickable, add Alt Text etc).

If added as background, the entire operation is made through BV and the image SHOULD appear in BV. This is so even with older versions of BV, though I am using 11.4 G now.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
          Hi Darren,

No need to paste code or FTP the image, since the image is added as cell background. BV will upload the image and create the necessary code for the background.

This solution (code - FTP) is only needed if you want to add the image as content of the cell (in order to make it clickable, add Alt Text etc).

If added as background, the entire operation is made through BV and the image SHOULD appear in BV. This is so even with older versions of BV, though I am using 11.4 G now.
          Ahhaa!!...thanks George!!
          Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

very neat - thanks
            mrmagoo144
            www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Darren, did doing it that way fix yours?

I'm just doing it the conventional way, putting the image in the cell properties, but no luck.

BV says I'm running version 11, but I upgraded when they said they'd sorted the bugs in 11.4, so I assume that's what I'm running.

Anyone got any ideas how to get around this ?

Thanks

Comment

dont know what you problem is, as all you have to do is set your table up to the size you want it to be. when you open the cell properties it gives you the opportunity to insert the image by browsing your hard drive. what i did was get my picture to the correct size of the cell and import it. you will see the picture there in the building stage and you will see it fits perfectly when you preview it. now if you do not want the picture to be the entire background then you will have to use cell padding features. another way is to make the final picture using the background and inserting the picture to the background with either photoshop or some other picture manipulation program. i have done you entire table with inserting the pictures to the table. go here:
                www.videopostcards.info/table100.html
                let me know if i can help you get started with this. great tip from Naval.
                mrmagoo144
                www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                  Darren, did doing it that way fix yours?

I'm just doing it the conventional way, putting the image in the cell properties, but no luck.

BV says I'm running version 11, but I upgraded when they said they'd sorted the bugs in 11.4, so I assume that's what I'm running.

Anyone got any ideas how to get around this ?

Thanks
                  Hi Helen, mine was never actually broken. Because I wanted to make my image linkable with alternate text, I had to use the cell html code option which doesn't display the background image in BV anyway.

If I just wanted to add a background image and nothing else I would insert it in 'cell properties' and then I would see it in BV as George mentioned earlier.
                  Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Mr Magoo ... I don't think you get what the problem is. I know how to do it, know how to set the cell properties ... I can publish it fine

In BV there is NO picture showing ... it's just a blank cell.

I've tried this with different format pictures, created new pages ... doesn't matter ... it will publish fine, but my cell in BV is always blank.

Comment

i understand very clearly. you do not see the pictures in your builder. one thing i had to do to get the pictures to show in the builder
                      was to make the pictures the correct size of the cell. once i did that i had no problems seeing the pictures in the cell on the builder before i published.
                      mrmagoo144
                      www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Working...
                      X