• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • markallan
    Sergeant First Class

• Oct 2008

moving website builder from one computer to another

Hi,
    Can I build a website for someone on my computer and then send them the vodahost site so they can administer the finished website themselves??
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: moving website builder from one computer to another

Keep all assets in a unique folder (images, videos, etc) and send to your customer not only the pages but also this assets folder. He will then need to update the path to the assets.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• markallan
      Sergeant First Class

• Oct 2008

Thank you

Comment

• markallan
        Sergeant First Class

• Oct 2008

navaldesign,
        Can I build the website here at my home and have the customer, my dad, access his website remotely, with a password, to make design changes when he see's fit. If so how?

Cheers

Comment

• mrmagoo144
          Brigadier General

• Feb 2007

if he has the builder on his computor and you give him the username, password and login, he can change any page and publish it.
          mrmagoo144
          www.videopostcards.info

Comment

• navaldesign
            General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

He MUST have both the webbuilder AND the pages / assets folder that I mentioned. So simply zip and mail him the files (or through a memory key, CD, DVD, or any other way you prefer.

I usually create a folder ON THE SITE and I store everything there. If I need to work from other locations I download the necessary files. When done, I upload the new files again.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• markallan
              Sergeant First Class

• Oct 2008

Thanks again guys.
              One last follow up question; If the customer, my dad, has to purchase Vodahost, to allow him to make changes to his site once it is up and running. Do I also have to purchase another Vodahost account to build the site or can I use my existing account,(platform) that I have my site built on, and if so will it affect my website in any way??

Comment

Working...
              X