• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mallanmcl
    Sergeant

• Mar 2010

Question about missing images

Hi,
    For some reason when i go into the website on BV there is an image missing, only one, and its missing on every page. Its the photo of the lake in the header and at the top of area where there is text. www.sturgeonsound.ca
    The image is not missing on the online version.....yet
    1) Can i reset each web page to a date that pre dates this error and not have to fix each page manually.
    2) How do i keep all the images in the BV image folder. I can't seem to get the images from my desktop to the BV folder.
    3) All i did was move images from desktop to a new folder, to keep track of them, will this affect images, i mean will this make them go missing?

Thanks in advance

M
  • DarrenC
    Brigadier General

• Jul 2008

Re: Question about missing images

Because you moved them to a new folder, the path has been lost (this will not affect the web). If you double click the image, and locate the image from its new location, it will appear back on the builder.

As such this is not an error, BV hasn't done anything wrong. Its looking for an image but you moved it.
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

• mallanmcl
      Sergeant

• Mar 2010

Thanks Darren, I sort of fiqured that. I have found the them and I am now fixing it. The strange thing is that one of the images, the one over the text boxes is still on the desktop where i left it, forgot that one, the smaller one under the header is the one that was moved and yet both went missing.
      A follow up question if you don't mind. I made the changes to the index page but ill will not save document. Made same changes to other pages saved no issue. Any idea what i am doing wrong with the index page?

Comment

• CarbonTerry
        Major General

• Oct 2005

Is it possible that you have 2 index pages open at the same time? It wont save if that's the case.
        If not re-name your index page "index2" and save it. Open the index2 page and then save as index. That usually fixes the problem.
        CarbonTerry
        Semper Fi
        Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
        Zone 5 Photo
        My USMC

Comment

• mallanmcl
          Sergeant

• Mar 2010

Hey I did, thanks

Comment

• mallanmcl
            Sergeant

• Mar 2010

Hey guy's
            If i put all the images into the BV images file they will always just stay there correct. If so, how do i move my images to BV image file??

Thanks Again

Comment

• zuriatman

• Sep 2006

All I can see is the sky over the lake. Maybe your image is to large and the lake at the bottom is not showing?

You cant reset but instead republish your page instead.
              When republishing select the "Publish all Files" option.

In Document you will find a folder named "Blue Voda".

In this folder create as many sub-folder as you like.

One of the sub-folder name it "Website Images".

Copy all the photos and images you are using to this folder.
              For your webpages use only images you have copied to this particular folder. [Do not use images from other folders on your PC].

"All i did was move images from desktop to a new folder, to keep track of them, will this affect images, i mean will this make them go missing?"

Yes. When you move the same images you are using for your webpage to other folders, the images cannot be found by Blue Voda.

In BlueVoda>Tools>Options>Folder enter the link to your
              BlueVoda Folder.

This is a sample of my link:

"C:\Users\Abu Bakar's\Documents\BlueVoda"
              www.siapamoyanganda.com/
              Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
              State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
              X