• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tchild1
    Sergeant

• Jun 2008

excel files

Is there a way to easily add an excel file to your web page?
    This would help me greatly.
    Thanks in advance for any help.
  • D'son
    Major General

• Apr 2008

Re: excel files

Yes its quite simple. But it would be better to turn them into pdf files because not everyone had Microsoft office and they will not be able to view them without it. You could try to have them load into an in-line frame but I found in Firefox it will still try to open on its own.

Ok having said that go to Tools/FTP Manager click connect, once it has your files in the right window click the UP button to get to the files on your hard drive, locate the excel file (make sure it has a short name without spaces) and simply drag it to the right side of the window. Now you have to link to it. To open it in an in-line frame add one to your page, name it if1 (for example) and in your link enter the url for your site (http://www.yoursite.com/name_of_file.xls) set the target to if1 (you'll have to type it in) Change the blue section of course.
    Reguards
    Ed
    www.dsondesigns.com
    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
    www.300hitter.com
    www.bigjk.net
    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

• navaldesign
      General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Adding an Excel file to your website is only possible for Viewing purposes, as browsers don't support the Excel functionalities.

To display the contents of an excel file, you need to:

1. Save the file as Web Page and upload it in your site.
      2. Add an I-frame in your BV page, and link the I-frame to the excel exported webpage.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• WSBlue
        Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

i will need this...

Comment

Working...
        X