Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having to put text on top of images

Hi
    Is it just me? I am creating a site and on the BV page it looks lovely but when I preveiw in any browser its not the same, not like before just a little bit different but really different. I am having to overlap, images and text to make the page look right in preview. So much so my BV pages look a real mess!
    Now I am wondering if when my site is live (Gremlins still working ) it will look how it does in previews or how it does on BV. Anyone know? Got the same problem?

Debbie

Re: Having to put text on top of images

Its a bit difficult to say without seeing really. Have you published anything? perhaps you can post a link.
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

I have published succesfully but I am still waiting for the site to appear so cannot send a link to look at yet. I must admit I am finding it really frustrating, I locked everything in BV, logo, lines, text,navigation buttons then cloned the page to creat second page. I put the text in and then looked in preview and the logo and everything else at the top of the page isn't appearing as the first page is. The logo has dissaperead off the top of the screen. The whole page has moved up by about an inch to 2 inches.
      Very frustrating
      Debbie

Comment

could be something very simple. as said without seeing it hard to help. if you need some one on one help, call me through my website. maybe i can walk you through the frustration. NO CHARGE!
        mrmagoo144
        www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Are you using a web friendly font? This is a common problem for new designers.
          CarbonTerry
          Semper Fi
          Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
          Zone 5 Photo
          My USMC

Comment

I am using Comic sans MS but it does exactly the same in Times New, ariel. I have used BV for a couple of years now and whilst have had to shift stuff to fit different browsers I have never had to lay images on text or start the layout 850 down the page for it to appear correctly on my preview.
            It is strange as I did www.dandia.net OK.
            Still getting page cannot be found message for the site I am doing now. I think 72 hours are tonight! So heres hoping it goes live today.
            @ Mr Magoo, thank you

Debbie

Comment

Well first page is up www.readysteadyanglais.com and it looks OKish on my FF preview and IE8. As you can see it is very much work in progress !! I need to shorten the image on the page and to do that I have to untangle the mess at the bottom of my page!
              I have taken a screen shot which can be found here

Does anyone have a sloution to this problem? and does it look OK in your browser?

Many thanks

Debbie

Comment

Debbie I have exactly the same problem. With my 1st Website and the previous BV the only time I had to adjust text or images was for different browsers. What I set up in BV was fairly close to what I saw in preview and then published page, but now I am having to move my footer over the bottom of the text, move text boxes over the top of text boxes and photos over text to get the spacing that I want. It is not happening every where and the most frustrating one is extra space between a menu header and menu even though they are all set at exactly the same distance. It is not my font because I am only using arial.
                So my footer looks a little like yours, in the screen shot in BV, to get it right in preview and published.
                I will watch this thread in case their is something simple that I am not doing.
                Sandra

Comment

Sandra I am so pleased its not just me!! I hope someone can tell us what/where we are going wrong. In the meanwhile I shall just keep trying to "jiggle" it all around.

Debbie

Comment

Sandra

Are you using windows 7? Have a look at the thread windows7/BV problems

Debbie

Comment

This one: http://www.readysteadyanglais.com looks ok for me. Using FF.
                      No problems!

Cheers,
                      N Z B R
                      t o u r s
                      New Zealand Tours
                      Excursiones en Nueva Zelanda
                      Nova Zelandia Pacotes e Roteiros
                      Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
                      Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

Thank you all for looking and posting. I haven't resolved th issue of having to pile images/text in Blue voda, just got used to reading through layers lol.

Debbie

Comment

Working...
                        X