Need someone to look at page please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need someone to look at page please

Would someone be good enough to look at this page www.readysteadyanglais.com and tell me if the logo is all on the page? and if not where the logo starts. I am really struggling with BV/?windows 7?/preview? and whatever I see in BV doesn't appear like that on the published page. In BV I have started the logo 300 down so that when I preview, it sits OK but when I publish, the top line and the top of the page are still missing. I don't know if I should shift it all down the page more but doing this means that I have text and images all piled up at the bottom!
    I want to publish the whole site by Sunday.....she says with her fingers crossed.
    Thank you for helping.

Debbie

Re: Need someone to look at page please

I have found one of the solutions to losing the top of my page. If I do page properties and change to centre horizontaly in browser then I don't have to pile up at the bottom.
    Now all I have to do is find the solution to "hanging" text outside the page guideline to make it appear within the page on BV !

Hope this helps someone else.

Comment

OK, I lied !! I haven't resolved the issue as no I have loads of space at the bottom so am going to have to pile the text, images etc up.
      Anyone any suggestions. I have tried selecting the no centre option in page properties but it makes no difference.
      Thanks again

Debbie

Comment

Your Logo and page looks fine to me in Firefox.

I Think the Union Jack height used for the Background is to long.

Consider using another smaller image or resize your background.
        Last edited by zuriatman; 05-06-2010, 02:29 PM. Reason: Add aditional information
        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
        Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Thank you zuriatman
          I have resized the image using picsizer and the back ground but I still have the issue of a big space between the end of the text and the bottom of the page.

Have you got any other ideas?

Thank you

Debbie

Comment

Debbie, I saw your reply to me before, (another thread) but was too rushed to say thank you. I have tried everything I can think of to fix the bottom of the page issue. Windows 7 and latest BV as you explained to me. I do not want to move the site I have just built with windows 7 and bv11.4 but I had not moved my images for my first site and updating pages by turning old computer on with BV10. After you told me about the 7 problem I just did my third site on the old computer with bv10. It is slow to open pages and publish etc but I will live with that for the designing purpose. I have not had to overlap one image or text box.
            Now I have a question, what if you added Mozilla Firefox os to your computer and used that with the BV. It may overcome the 7 problem. I do not have time to check it out but I have it on my old computer and only use the xp to check sites.
            Sandra

Comment

Debbie forgot to say the page is fine except for the extra space below the footer that I have not been able to fix either but I have only had the problem on this page

every other page works some some how (go figure)
              Sandra

Comment

Sandra
                Thank you for taking the time to reply it is frustrating isn't it? I am using FF and IE so nothing there to change.
                I have started all pages from scratch to try and get rid of the gaps. I have re installed BV. I have spent hours reading posts on the forum. Re-visiting tutorials (some of which are woefully out of date...page properties springs to mind) I have deleted stuff, I have spent hours and hours looking at the minuture of text boxes, shapes etc etc and nothing worked
                I have a mini laptop with XP and thought that would perhaps be a solution but it isn't as it is really tedious working on such a tiny screen. (Fab for portability though)
                I did think about loading BV 10 but read that the pages on BV 11 won't open. I wish I had given up at the first and gone with that option but a week down the road to start all over would be a nuisance.
                So I have decided I am going to have to try and muddle through the best I can and hope I end up with soemthing that looks professional and works! and then work on doing the pages all over in BV 10 at a later date or maybe there will be an update which sorts this issue a bit later on.
                Well I've got to get back to try and jiggle the checkboxes on a form to put them in line with text before i do the superimpose mess at the bottom! I'm getting really good at reading through layers of text lol
                Good luck Sandra and thank you again for taking the time to write, its nice to know I am not alone)

Debbie

PS Like your site, nice and clean

Comment

Originally posted by bysandra View Post
                  Debbie forgot to say the page is fine except for the extra space below the footer that I have not been able to fix either but I have only had the problem on this page

every other page works some some how (go figure)
                  This is a problem which many has brought too the attention of the BV designers, but so far nothing has been done to sort the problem.

You have to improvised by moving your footer up and place it on the last paragraph and then preview.

I suggest you clone the page that you want to try it on first.
                  www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                  State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Cloning is a good idea first. Dozens of times I have liked an earlier preview. If I clone I keep original in case I can't improve. Thanks Zuriatman
                    Sandra

Comment

Originally posted by dandia View Post
                      Thank you zuriatman
                      I have resized the image using picsizer and the back ground but I still have the issue of a big space between the end of the text and the bottom of the page.

Have you got any other ideas?

Thank you

Debbie
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Debbie,

I checked your webpage and this is what I found.

Your page size is 879w x 1399 h.

Your text box is over stretched and extend below the 1399h line.

First: Rght click and goto Properties. Under Formatting reduce your Page height to 1200h to bring it just below your Footer.

Then click on your Text Box and drag the ear up to just below your last line in your last paragraph.

I suggest you use a proper background image instead of the flag.

Use the flag as the background for your top header.

You also need to adjust the width of your header box and the bottom line to 879 pixel wide.

Then preview and see how your page looks.
                      www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                      State of Johor.

Comment

Zuritaman
                        Thank you for all of this very helpful information. I have printed it all off and started building some new pages. It hasn't resolved the pile it all up on the bottom of the page issue but I think that is a windows7/BV problem.
                        I am very grateful to you for taking the time

Debbie

Comment

Working...
                        X