Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I use fonts that I downloaded???

Hi there,
    Can someone tell me if I use the text funcion on my web page, if I can use special fonts that I have downloaded?
    They appear without problems on my example but what will happen when I really launch the page?

Re: Can I use fonts that I downloaded???

If those fonts arn't installed on your visitors PC, they will be converted to web friendly ones. Do a Google search for 'web friendly fonts'. If you want to use a specific font that isn't web friendly, you may have to save the text as .gif image. It will then always look as you want it but the drawback is the SE's won't be able to read it.
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Originally posted by DarrenC View Post
      If those fonts arn't installed on your visitors PC, they will be converted to web friendly ones. Do a Google search for 'web friendly fonts'. If you want to use a specific font that isn't web friendly, you may have to save the text as .gif image. It will then always look as you want it but the drawback is the SE's won't be able to read it.
      Thanks Darren, very usefull
      I suppose I ll look for the web friendly fonts because I have no idea how to convert text in Word for an example to a gif document.

Comment

The text must be in a "text box"
        Right click on the text box:
        Properties/Convert to text
        What are you trying to do with a WORD document?
        If you are trying to upload a Word document convert it to a PDF first and then ftp to your server/public_html.
        CarbonTerry
        Semper Fi
        Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
        Zone 5 Photo
        My USMC

Comment

Ok THanks, I already have used Adobe Photoshop to convert text in fotos without any problem. Next time I ll try your advice

Comment

Working...
          X