• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • steve croxton
    Staff Sergeant

• Nov 2008

Having problems saving a page

Hi

I feel a real idiot asking this question, but I am scratting my head as to what I am doing wrong.

I have a website which I have not touched for many months but I have a degree of urgency to update it. This includes producing a few new pages. To achieve this I am trying to clone one of my existing pages and save it with a new page address. The website is www.b2l.info.

An existing page is http://www.b2l.info/investment_property_for_sale.php

I want to produce a page which links to this page which I was trying to call -

and everytime I try to save it, I get a message saying 'The above file name is invalid' I then tried several different permutations including using an existing page address and every time I get the same message telling me it is invalid.

Can anybody tell me were I am making the mistake.

Regards

Steve Croxton
    T: 0044 1782 612646
  • DarrenC
    Brigadier General

• Jul 2008

Re: Having problems saving a page

Hi Steve

To try and simplify things.

If I have a page saved as 'page1.bvp' to clone it, I would open it then File>Save as - name it 'page2'. The .bvp extension is added automatically.

When I publish these 2 pages, I would have generated these urls.

Does this help?
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

• steve croxton
      Staff Sergeant

• Nov 2008

Re: Having problems saving a page

Hi Darren

Nice to hear from you again, and yet again you have nailed the problem. I new it had to be something fundamental. If you would like a French property in La Rochelle with 8,000 euros cash back, I will give you first refusal on the choice of plots. Just to mention, buying them does not cost you a bean.

Once again, thank you so much. Have a nice weekend.

Regards

Steve

Comment

Working...
      X