• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WillTurner
    Sergeant

• Nov 2009

www.reynardcity.co.uk Publishing pages

Hi again,
    I have someone who is helping me with my website, adjusting the photos and so forth to make it look neater but she is having problems publishing the pages, as they keep reverting back to the old pages.
    What is the code and where do you put it to make sure they get updated?

Massive thanks,
    Will
  • DarrenC
    Brigadier General

• Jul 2008

Re: www.reynardcity.co.uk Publishing pages

You can use a 'no cache tag', however I would only use it if the content will be updated frequently. Caching is a good thing as it allows for faster page loading for your visitors on future visits.

Paste this <META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma" CONTENT="no-cache"> in 'Between Tag'

To be honest though, have you suggested to your helper that they press F5 to refresh their browser, because I suspect there isn't actually any problem with the publishing anyway?
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

• WillTurner
      Sergeant

• Nov 2009

I hadn't thought of that to be honest, but I will pass this on. Massive thanks again!

Comment

• DarrenC
        Brigadier General

• Jul 2008

Originally posted by DarrenC View Post
        You can use a 'no cache tag', however I would only use it if the content will be updated frequently. Caching is a good thing as it allows for faster page loading for your visitors on future visits.

Paste this <META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma" CONTENT="no-cache"> in 'Between Tag'

To be honest though, have you suggested to your helper that they press F5 to refresh their browser, because I suspect there isn't actually any problem with the publishing anyway?

Slight error..oops! Paste that code in the 'Between Head Tag' I left off head.
        Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

• OZMADMAN
          Staff Sergeant

• Aug 2007

I suspect there is a problem with publishing as I have been trying all afternoon to get a page to publish properly as it just remains on the old page. I do this all the time so know what I am doing! it is a page which contains a contact form, for some reason the original page stopped working so I re did it adding a reset button whilst I was at it but the old page still shows???? http://www.didjnt.com/contact_me.html + I have the successful url pointing towards a php page http://www.didjnt.com/action.php but this doesn't work now either.

Any ideas?

Thanks Paul

Comment

Working...
          X