• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GeeBee
    Private First Class

• Jul 2010

Page size in different browsers

Hello,
    A friend told me that after looking at my website it was small and stayed in one corner of his computer screen. I have looked at it on my computer and two other computers and have not had a problem. However I am concerned that on some computers/browsers my website does not fill the whole page/screen. Is there something I can do to my website to make it readjust itself depending on what browser it is being accessed through?
    Thank-you for your time,
    Georgie
  • Tom Finley
    Brigadier General

• Mar 2008

Re: Page size in different browsers

If you are using the BlueVoda builder you cannot make fluid pages. I don't see this as a problem because many very important websites choose to use non-fluid pages. Your friend's comment that your page stays in one corner of his screen may mean that one or more pages of your site is not centered. To do this, create your pages at the left side of the BlueVoda window, but right click the background and choose "center in browser" (or whatever it says--I'm not at my proper computer). This will center your page in all monitors. I'd recommend a page width no more than 975px wide or some viewers will have to scroll sideways to see the whole page.
    CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
    CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
    CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

• GeeBee
      Private First Class

• Jul 2010

Re: Page size in different browsers

Thank-you for your advice Tom. The changes have been made and I will now get my friend to have a look at my site again and see if it has centered itself. georgie

Comment

Working...
      X