Bluevoda stops responding when opening the Index page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bluevoda stops responding when opening the Index page

Hi I am new here and I choose Bluevoda and Vodahost becasue they were the best for my needs. Anyway When I open Bluevoda and open my homepage .index file, straight away it says bluevoda has stopped working and I don't know what to do. It happend when I added a menu bar to go to my Privacy policy page.

My Vodahost Domin name is http://www.musicistabest.com

Thank you.

David

Re: Bluevoda stops responding when opening the Index page

Sounds quirky!

Just a suggestion; try opening another page, or a blank page, and then try opening the index page.

Another thing is, when you click to open the index page, minimize BV in your window for a few seconds, and then open it up again in your browser. I had a problem with this before where the BV builder froze when I opened existing .bvp pages, and would have to minimize the BV builder for a few seconds.

If no success, then try re-installing the BV builder. Close all other applications when you do this.

Best wishes
    John

Comment

Yes I have done all that and also tryed to open it directly from the hard drive where I am storing it but I get an error
      "Windows cannot find 'M:\musicistabest's offical website\Index.bvp"
      What does this error mean, its because I have worked hard on this homepage and I don't really want to have lost it.

It does it for all of my website pages but not with a blank window.

David

Comment

Well; I am confused here.

First you say, "...bluevoda has stopped working", and now you say, "Windows cannot find 'M:\musicistabest's offical website\Index.bvp"?

The first problem seems to deal with an application problem.

The second problem seems to deal with your .bvp files not being put back into your "C:\Documents and Settings\Webmaster\My Documents\BlueVoda" folder. I sense they are in another location in your PC. They have to be in that folder directory address.

Go to your BV builder and click on Tools > Options > Folders, and see what I mean. Your default location should be "C:\Documents and Settings\Webmaster\My Documents\BlueVoda" with the backup default option showing "C:\Documents and Settings\Webmaster\My Documents\BlueVoda\backups"

Try this.

Incidentally, if you do not mind my observation, I went to your website, and the it took about 4 minutes for a very simple page to load. The page should only take about 10 to 12 seconds to load according to one website research poll. I think the animated GIF background is killing your load time.

One more thing; are you using BV11.4G? That should be the one you are to using. It is the most recent and has a lot of bugs removed from the prior versions.

John

Comment

Open BV and goto Tools on the top toolbar.

Select Options and goto Folder

Enter the path to your BlueVoda Folder.

Example" C:\Users\your name\Documents\BlueVoda "
          www.siapamoyanganda.com/
          Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
          State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

@zuriatman Thank you for your reply, I have tried that but it still does the same thing but it now opens all the other pages but only the Index file doesn't open.
            I click open it opens the folder with all my website files in I click index.bvp and it says bluevoda has stopped working, If I actully go into the folder anmd open it without bluevoda open it says windows cannot find the file.

@John K Yes I will when I find my index page I will take the animated background of and get rid of some of the information. Yes I have tried putting them back into the C:\Documents and Settings\Webmaster\My Documents\BlueVoda folder it does the same I am starting to think it is a file problem. Yes I am using an up to date version of bluevoda

Comment

Try using your start menu and search, and try this:
              Start Menu > Search > All Files and Folders > (Look in "My Computer") > Search Term = index.bvp and hit enter.

If this type of search comes up null, then you do not have an index page, and the only record is the one you have stored in your FTP://xxx.xx.xxx.xxx/public_html folder.

I believe you can reverse FTP a copy of that back into your C:\Documents and Settings\Webmaster\My Documents\BlueVoda folder and then touch it up again.

Since the index.bvp is critical to the rest of the website pages, then it could be that this missing item is affecting the rest of your website when you perform a search, and perhaps the index.bvp file that you are seeing is a ghost image to a page you do not have and when you click to highlight it and then click "open" your BV Builder freaks out because you are asking it to open an image that leads to nothing.

I hope that makes sense, but try this anyways and I am interested if you do in fact have your index.bvp in your hard drive at all.

regards,
              John

Oh yes; you may have a backup stored in your backup folder that you can update; but only if you accidentally deleted, or did not name your index page correctly.

Comment

Thank you everyone for your help, I just started again and published but I have done about 3 backups on different drives and also a pen drive. I found out the file itself was corupted and unreadble but thank you everyone for helping me.

Comment

Working...
                X