• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • balloon-guy
    Private

• Aug 2010

Using downloaded web pages

This is the first time opening up this program or attempting to build a web site. I downloaded an existing web page from websit****plates.org with the intent of using it as a starting point and just replacing photos and text. The page is named index.html. If I click on the file out of BlueVoda it displays just fine. I cannot bring it up inside BlueVoda. Only the background comes up. What am I doing wrong?
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: Using downloaded web pages

Each template thatyou purchase from the market has specific requirements regarding tools necessary to edit it.

Usuallytemplates bought from that source require an HTML editor, knowledge of CSS, eventually Flash (if it a Flash template) and Adobe, or even some other, more costy tools. So you can't import them and edit in BV.

What you can try to do is this: IF it is a pure HTML template, you can however IMPORT the file in BV and edit it using BV's tools. CSS will be ingored when importing, so you will need to redo the styles directly in BV.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• balloon-guy
      Private

• Aug 2010

Re: Using downloaded web pages

That is what I was afraid of. Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X