• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GulfCoaster
    Second Lieutenant

• May 2009

Single Pg Privacy & SE's

The new BV allows us to easily keep single pages Private, with a Password to keep unwanted people from seeing them, but is this better than putting pages in a Password Protected Directory?
    Will the Search Engines cache my single protected pages easier, or do I have to do what the latest tip suggested and edit the robots.txt file for each one?
    Also, is it still possible for someone to duplicate a new Tab in a browser to still get access to protected pages that may be linked, or should I not link single protected pages together at all?

I'm having a hard time trying to figure out which is best after all ... the BV single protected page way, or the Password Protected Directory.
    BP: SHOW ME DA MONEY!
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: Single Pg Privacy & SE's

Password Protecting the entire folder is safer than the Page Protect or Single Page Protect protection.
    This because BV's Login system is quite simple, and, unless you change the usersdb file name to something strange, a hacker with some knowledge oh how the BV login tools work, will be able to guess the filename.

If you duplicate the URL while you are logged in, you can ofcourse open the protected page (because you are already logged in, even if you are in a different Tab)

If someone else duplicates the URL on another computer (or even another browser (IE / FF) on the same computer, he will not be able to open the page as he will be asked to login.

Protected pages will NOT be indexed or cahed, as crawlers can NOT login. If the crawler can follow redirects, they will cache (or index) the Access denial page in place of the protected page.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
    X