How can I publish a webpage to a subfolder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Broncobas
    Private First Class

• Aug 2010

How can I publish a webpage to a subfolder?

1- I created a subfolder called “database” in the folder public_html with Blueftp .
    How can I publish a webpage in the subfolder “database”?
    When I publish the webpage it is published in the folder public_html .
    2- below this box where I fill in this text I have to fill in something : send trackbacks to : ….
    Should I fill in the URL of my webpage?
    3- what is a trackback?
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: How can I publish a webpage to a subfolder?

For your first page of your new website (should be called "index" as are all first pages of all websites), in Blue Voda, your will SAVE your page using the SAVE AS command under FILE ... and the Save Dialog Box will appear asking where you want to save it: click on NEW FOLDER and name it "database" and proceed to SAVE your "index" to this new folder within Blue Voda.

To publish this new "index" page, you will then use the PUBLISH command or icon within Blue Voda, and when the Publish Dialog Box appears, you will fill in the proper path to the new folder >> public_html/database

* Please be aware that this is simply a directory upon the Primary Domain, and not a new website per se .... to create a true website, you must either configure an Add-On Domain (that has an independent fully registered domain) or a Sub-Domain, which has a domain name created as an extension upon the Primary domain. Either of these must be created from within the Control Panel, NOT BlueFTP!
    Please review the following Control Panel Tutorials to make the distinction and to become familiar with the details of how to do either:
    Adding an additional add-on domain name to your account
    Creating a sub-domain ( A sub-domain is not an add-on)

Additional Tips

Trackbacks are used only for posts to dynaic platforms, not part of publishing websites.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• Broncobas
      Private First Class

• Aug 2010

Re: How can I publish a webpage to a subfolder?

Thanks for your help.
      For me it is a big step forward!
      Best regards, Bas

Comment

Working...
      X