• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hamster_tango
    Sergeant

• Jan 2009

replacing pages

Hi there, I really need some help as its going horribly wrong! www.ukdrillers.co.uk

I have amended the design of my existing BlueVoda website but the content, pictures and other elements have all been cut and pasted across from the old pages, its only the design that has changed.

I recreated the pages in the new design by amending my index page design first and then using this as a template I copied over all the elements from the old pages.

I saved a copy of all the old pages elsewhere just in case. All the new pages have exactly the same names as the old pages. On my computer where the pages were stored, I moved out the old ones and bought the new ones in.

I then published each page via BlueVoda. The only one that has changed on the live internet version is the about us page!

I am in controlpanel 'file manager' I read that if I delete the old page and publish it might work, this is what I did with the 'contact us' page but now it does has gone completley with just a "?" showing. The contact us page was my only php page and I remember struggling to publish that orignally. I am too alarmed to delete the others.

I am very confused. Can anyone shed some light for me please!

Many thanks Janis
    JanisH

www.ukdrillers.co.uk
  • Hamster_tango
    Sergeant

• Jan 2009

Re: replacing pages

an update, the home page has just published when I checked it again, but the others still old ones (apart from about us which is new)
    JanisH

www.ukdrillers.co.uk

Comment

• Hamster_tango
      Sergeant

• Jan 2009

I think I have resolved this. I tried re-publishing the new pages and pressing F5 to refresh in the control panel file manger after each publish and it seems to refresh the site. The new pages are coming up after I follow that routine each time!
      JanisH

www.ukdrillers.co.uk

Comment

• ahimsa
        Major General

• Jan 2009

Janis,
        If you're going to be doing this a lot (updating pages, I mean) it's not a bad idea to paste the following code into all your pages:

<META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma" CONTENT="no-cache">

click on a background area to get "Page HTML"
        click "between head tag" & type in above code EXACTLY AS WRITTEN including spaces
        Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Working...
        X