• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ahimsa
    Major General

• Jan 2009

Blue FTP connect

Hi, everyone.....can someone please tell me how (if, indeed it is possible) to extend the "connect" time in Blue FTP?
    I'm trying to upload a Photogallery folder & I lose the connection just before the last 2 files have been uploaded......very frustrating lol
    david
    Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Blue FTP connect

Haven't the foggiest!
    However, it is simply easier to remember to use advantageously the tools we have available according to their design: cPanel to upload, BlueFTP to delete.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• ahimsa
      Major General

• Jan 2009

.....yeah, but therein lies the problem. Having only been playing with BV for just 2 years I have yet to figure out how to upload complete folders (containing many "files") via CPanel. The folder in question has many files within & to upload 1 by 1 with CPanel would take me longer than I care to spend lol
      Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Your issue of convenience versus the reality of capability is of your own making then!

Why not simply Zip the folders and upload them using cP and then unZip them using the tool provided to do just that in cP once they are where they need to be?

Is this really an issue after all?

Comment

• ahimsa
          Major General

• Jan 2009

.....aaah! the joy of experience & knowledge :)
          thank you Eric

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Dunno about all that .... it takes me a while to figure out how other people are seeing things, which explains why there is a "zeroing-in" exchange before I come up with what I think is a common suggestion.

Glad I could offer something worthy!

Comment

• navaldesign
              General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Blue FTP has issues uploading multi level folders.

I actually use another free FTP that has the ability to upload entire folders with respect to the folder structure. Just Google it, you will find many.
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
              X