Problem Since Going to Windows 7 64 bit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem Since Going to Windows 7 64 bit

I've recently gotten a new computer with Win 7 64 bit installed. First problem is that when I open Blue Voda to edit a page from my website, the program can't find the pics. Based on what I've read here, I know I screwed up on my old installation, which has caused this problem. There seems to be no way to redirect Blue Voda as to where to find my pictures.

That's an inconvenience, but I can work around it. The bigger problem I'm having is when I go to preview, pics and text are not positioned in the same place as within the program. A picture may be partially covered by text, or the picture might be and inch lower than expected. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling with the latest version, but that didn't help.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Re: Problem Since Going to Windows 7 64 bit

The following was copied from a thread with an issue similar, but not entirely the same as yours, but possibly you can "read into it" to discover the necessity to create folders as mentioned to regain associations and pathways to images:

Blue Voda automatically saves images to a folder within Blue Voda called "images" and can recall this path without any help by the creation of another, redundant folder called "images."

Quite simply, in your My Documents section of your computer, separate and apart from your Blue Voda files and folders, create a folder and name it according to the name of your Domain. Windows7 does not have a My Documents area, so you will have to create a file folder of your own to organize things, so create one called simply by the name of your domain.
    Within this new folder, create another folder and call it "images" ---- this is where you can store for easy access all the images (both raw and original, along with formatted and final versions) you use to import onto your Blue Voda pages.

In this way, should you ever need to move your Blue Voda files and resources to another computer or restore them from a back-up, the pathways will always remain the same: all the images and files will come from the same-named folders and external resources (not from within Blue Voda program/tool itself). You simply move one folder (named after your Domain) with all the other folders neatly stored within it, pathways and associations preserved.

Original thread >> http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/bluevoda-general-issues/59523-windows-7-a.html
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Re: Problem Since Going to Windows 7 64 bit

As I said in the first paragraph, I'm aware of what you said. I was just making sure there wasn't an after the fact fix I wasn't aware of.

The biggest problem I'm having was covered in my second paragraph, which you did not address.

"That's an inconvenience, but I can work around it. The bigger problem I'm having is when I go to preview, pics and text are not positioned in the same place as within the program. A picture may be partially covered by text, or the picture might be and inch lower than expected. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling with the latest version, but that didn't help."

Comment

Working...
      X