X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replace index page

hi
    I'm about to pubblish a new index for my addon domain.Question:do I have to delete the original index using cpanel in order to be sure to overwright the file once pubblished ? Or just pubblishing it will take the place automatically (note.I downloaded the new index using remote tool beacouse I've lost the original file) .2d question: pubblic.html/www.myaddondomainname is the right place to pubblish ??

I really appreciate your help

Re: replace index page

1) You don't have to delete anything. When you republish a page of the same name it will overwrite the original one.
    2) public_html/addondomainname (lose the www.)
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

done.it gives my 550 error ( no folder is found )I've seen my addon in my cpanel and in the section "document root" is written pubblic.html/www.myaddondomainname.org,and in the section"addon domains" is written myaddondomain.org(lose www).. which one is the good ?
      also I noticed the the folder in which the addon domani files are in is www.mydom.....org. what should i do ?

thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by DarrenC View Post
        1) You don't have to delete anything. When you republish a page of the same name it will overwrite the original one.
        2) public_html/addondomainname (lose the www.)
        Publish as instructed: if you are getting a 550 error message, it is because of the .org extension as you publish.
        If you publish using the form shown above (public_html/addondomain) and you get the 550, then add the .org >> public_html/addondomaain.org
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

done, adding .org (maydomainname.org) get still ERROR 550 (can't change directory)

Comment

Then, in fact, although visible in Control Panel as a "folder", your Add-On domain was improperly created.
            Delete it, and re-create an Add-On according to the steps detailed in this Tutorial:
            Adding an additional add-on domain name to your account

(Most likely you created a Sub-Domain rather than an Add-On. Review these detailed Tips on how to create Add-On domains, Publish, and to Link Pages ..... if these procedures work for everyone else, there is no logical reason why they should not work for you.)
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

thanks. I tried to publish including www. (publish.html/www....org) and is working fine.It seems I named the folder that way at the moment I created the add-on.

thank a lot

Comment

Working...
              X