• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Davethorn
    Sergeant First Class

• Sep 2007

Making changes to my website

I recently had a virus destroy the files on my hard drive and it required reformatting. My website is still up on internet but I have no way to update the pages since my bvp files no longer exist. Is there any way to recover these so that I can make the necessary changes to my website? If there is any way to do this please be specific with your suggestions as I am not a computer whiz and need to have things explained. Any help will be greatly appreciated. David http://machiningbythebook.com
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Making changes to my website

1. Connect with your cPanel and via FILE MANAGER navigate to your Images Folder in your public_html/ directory, copying down each image into a new folder on your laptop which you create in My Documents in XP, elsewhere if Vista. This becomes your new images resources folder .....
    2. Open a new blank page in Blue Voda.
    3. FILE > NEW PAGE > From Exisiting HTML
    4. Select REMOTE
    5. Enter the specific URL for each page of your site that needs to be copied down, being sure to instantly save each page with a new page name (something of a "working" title so not to confuse with any hard-core page files coming later ... like new-index, new-about_us, etc.).
    6. Although you will have to lay things out a bit (the pages lose formatting during the process) and re-do your dynamics (like hyperlink styles, colors, Menu bars, etc.), you pretty much have it all the best possible.
    7. If you need to re-insert your images to replace any "red x", now you know why you pulled them down earlier.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• Davethorn
      Sergeant First Class

• Sep 2007

Re: Making changes to my website

Thanks Vasili, Ill work on it, David

Comment

Working...
      X