• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • craigmac512
    Sergeant

• Sep 2010

how to database

Hi as are many people I am completely new to this so patience appreciated.

BlueVoda is great I think its a supper product ,But one question

I need to build a website with a search able data base.

Example,, customer goes to my website and wants to search for a company or product ,I have a database listing all possible variants in that field of business.

how do i do that, incorporate that ?

I installed soho launch but in reality it seems I must use their templates which are clumsy and limited ,,or I don't understand which is probably more likely.

I want the freedom to use Blue voda but allow customers to search my databases for info

Is this possible

Thanks craig
  • GulfCoaster
    Second Lieutenant

• May 2009

Re: how to database

You are rather confused, but what you are looking for is Search for your website.

Read this >> http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/gen...arch-site.html
    BP: SHOW ME DA MONEY!

Comment

• craigmac512
      Sergeant

• Sep 2010

Oh I know confused I do well

Maybe this will explain it better , I want to build an industry portal where companies looking for other companies in a particular field can key in a word
      eg.

They key in to a search box ''Thermo formers Moscow''

The site then brings up a list of the 10 thermo formers in that region on a new page.

Does that explain it better

thanks Craig

Comment

• navaldesign
        General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

It is possible through a custom made script that you will need to embed in your BV site. This will allow both search and display the info. Of course, you will also need a backend script to load / edit / search / view, etc the info in the database.

If you want to use BV there is nother solution than custom (paid) scripting.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• craigmac512
          Sergeant

• Sep 2010

Thanks I thought that may be the answer,, saw an earlier post ref this subject.

Way way way over my ability ,, I don't know what a script is or what back end means

I don't really want to become a web designer ,,drag and drop is my limit, that's why blue Voda really appeals.

But it seems like I'm stuck as soon as I start talking to the pros they start talking big money long words and delays..

Any idea how to work around this ,, at the level of a retarded monkey ( I mean me)

Thanks for any help Craig

Comment

• craigmac512
            Sergeant

• Sep 2010

Oh! and one other question am I wasting my time playing around with soholaunch to try to do this.

Craig

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Depending on your requirements, this might cost you from $80 up to $240, based on the (very poore) info you have posted above. In extreme cases (many different field info, pictures etc) might be slightly over the $240

I'm sorry but there is no way to do this without programming.

Soholaunch has a database manager that will allow you to build such an application but you don't have the full control a custom script provides and therefore some specific goals will be hard to achieve.

A way around would be to find a ready made script and embed it in your site, but that also requires a certain degree of knowledge, and visual customization and integrartion with BV is not that easy.

If this amount is within your scheduled budget, you can contact me.
              Navaldesign
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• craigmac512
                Sergeant

• Sep 2010

Thanks for all the help and your patience

Ok I have a data base of 200/ 300 companies it contains their address email contact person and a brief description of what they do.

If a client wants to search for companies in Moscow who do thermoforming for example, i want them to be able to key in "moscow thermoformers" or "Russian thermoformers"

A page will come up listing company a,b,c,d with that data

Price is not the real issue its being able control and adapt it over time as and when I need

That's the real beauty of Blue Voda it gives control

what do you think could you provide a script to do that ?

thanks Craig

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Yes. sure I can.

Contact me privately and I will provide you links to example scripts like the one you want, that I have built.
                  Navaldesign

Comment

• craigmac512
                    Sergeant

• Sep 2010

Thanks can i contact you via the website listed in your profile

DBTechnosystems.com Contact page. Contact us through our form.

Craig

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Yes, of course.
                      Navaldesign

Comment

• craigmac512
                        Sergeant

• Sep 2010

Thanks just sent contact details via website

Craig

Comment

Working...
                        X