• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johnnyriver
    Corporal

• Nov 2010

Incorporating Website Templates

hello there,

i just realized that instead of creating my creating own website, i could either download free templates or buy some templates. needed help on this. i wanted to know if blue voda website builder is only compatible for their own bluevoda templates, or we can import website templates from other website template companies as well?

also i think i tried importing a template and unzipped it in a folder... when i opened the folder, i saw tooo many files of images. Isn't it that when i download a template i should be able to open it on a blank Bluevoda webpage and just update the fields? or do i need to cut and paste all these images one by one?

please assist.

thanks

johnny
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Incorporating Website Templates

The Premium templates you are speaking of are not compatible with Blue Voda, and any editing of them requires you to have the different software titles listed in Product Description on the page they are shown before purchase. (Typically, Dreamweaver, Flash8, etc.)

However, if you have a Premium Template Zip file already unpacked, you will note that the file contains a number of PSD files, which are essentially larger "page size" images that are used for the page background itself.

Since Blue Voda can import images only as elements, this explains why the simple Blue Voda Templates are basic GIF files, with a simplified page structure, meant to be inserted onto your page as the "bottom layer" and everything else you add to the page laying on top, in layers also (Text boxes, Menu Tbas, images, etc.).

You can take the same principle and adapt the PSD files you find in your Premium Template files to the same purpose: after opening the PSD file in your photo editor (download and use the VodaHost provided Pixresizer if you do not have your own), simply re-Save As a JPG version of the same image (thus avoiding any PNG related conflicts in some browsers).

Next, import this newly saved JPG version to be the page layout background (not as site background), position it locked at the top-left 0/0 position, adjust your page width to be the same size as the image, and begin laying in your elements over this "background".

Essentially you will have a better-than-average representation of the same Template as was show before you bought it, and will have utilized the Template purchase fully. Remember, if you ever evolve to using Dreamweaver or the like, you can always use this same template for a website, as it is complete and fully ready for utilization.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• johnnyriver
      Corporal

• Nov 2010

hi vasili

i appreciate your time for replying this.

on this subject and on other subjects, is it possible to have a phone conversation with you?

im willing to adjust to your convenient time. im in shanghai, china.

thanks.

Johnny

Comment

• johnnyriver
        Corporal

• Nov 2010

hi papa biker,

i appreciate your reply on behalf of vasili. my requirements are actually quite basic. if vasili can help, great. if you can help, great.

i understand that it will entail some cost. please do advise on estimated costings for me to check if can squeeze into the budget.

thanks.

Johnny

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Contact me directly for any further information, and refrain from openly soliciting bids or offers in the open forums (per Forum Rules).
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
          X