This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• video affecting traffic?

I only had 16 hits last month when I normally have at least 200! Could this be something to do with adding a video to my home page? Please help!

www.carolinedepeyrecave

Re: no hits - video on homepage effecting?

The link you gave is not valid, video has nothing to do with it.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: no hits - video on homepage effecting?

sorry www.carolinedepeyrecave.co.uk

Comment

Re: video on homepage effecting?

It's not the video. The number of users varies on a month by month basis. You may have had an ad at a wedding show, where in that month you might get 45 hits, where the next month you had no ads and got 20 hits. The first month, everybody that was there saw your ad and took a look at your site. the 20 the following month were the ones taking a second look to see what you have done and look closer. I run several websites and I notice it depends what is on the site and how it gets advertised is directly proportional to the hits it gets.
        Dave Van De Cappelle
        www.aSimpleLife.ca
        www.TheAlternativeSolution.ca

Comment

I realise that but I have had this website for nearly 3 years now and the hits have never been that low. I have taken the video off anyway.... see if it make a difference. Thanks

Comment

Your site is not properly conforming to standards with an index page lacking minimal textual content, and other pages with outdated Keyword and Page Description entries and no simple optimization methods applied (H-Tags, inbound links, etc.). As such, there is hardly anything to establish the required relevancy every website needs to demonstrate. Without these minimal construct values in place, your site will be bound to perform only to the local hub values (the local .co.uk Network) which vary in SERP according to localized preferences. You cannot expect to compare a local domain extension site that gets 200 page visits (not 'hits' -- there is a big difference) with the same metrics of a .com site that gets 2,000-20,000 page visits.

Removing the video has no effect on creating values in this overall perspective. Google introduced the ability to create optimal values for media in October of 2009, so if you have not done so already, you should at least apply SEO-wise titles to your video file name to add a "tag" value that corresponds to current value of any Keywords and Page titles you routinely update as well.

Again, to emphasize the current desire and relevancy of your site to both the local hub and to the WWW, you must learn to rotate your SEO basics to reflect the metrics that are being established by the Users in your tarrget market and not be myopically focused on artificial results: learn to stay current with your page titles, simple META entries, H-META, and the details of page elements (titled and tagged shapes, image titles, etc.) to best round out your page construct in a compliant manner and one that remains "attractive" to the SE's as they regularly evaluate your site.

* Remember to update your XML sitemap after each site update, and to properly refine your navigational representations.
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
            X