• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NicDar
    Private

• Feb 2011

Linking Pages

Hi im Nick,

Im new to designing websites and have some stupid questions. Im busy doing my home page at the moment and i have my menu bars on the side. I have an idea of what is going to be on each page when i click the menu bars, but how does that work. I have 7 menu bars, do i need to design seven sample webpages using blue voda and link them in the end or how does it work?Just need some help in this regard. I just cant picture how its all going to come together. Would be great if i can get some help.

Kind Regards
    Nick Darlington
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Linking Pages

Yes ... that's how it works, and it is easy to think of a website as you would a book: you have one index page that is the first page you open to, which has introductory Content and which shows the "order" of all the interior content (interior pages) and how to get there (navigation).
    * It is thus required that the first page of any website be titled, saved, and published as index ...

Each interior page needs a specific link to get there, and that is why a Menu system comes in handy ... to provide a simple convenient manner in which to get to whatever page desired and back again (as the navigational Menu should always be duplicated on each page exactly as it is on the index page -- also allows for cross-site navigation).

You would benefit well from reviewing the basic "helps" below, and maybe even reviewing many of the Blue Voda created websites of your peers in the Showcase Forum for some comparisons and live examples that may provide some inspiration.

Getting Started - How to plan your website

Complete Blue Voda Video Tutorial Collection

Showcase of Blue Voda Customer Websites
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• NicDar
      Private

• Feb 2011

Thanks so much, that was a great help, much appreciated. I have gone through most of those tutorials, just taking me time to climatise. I have one more question. The colour scheme offered does not site my needs or am i doing something wrong. I would like more subtle colours and i have tried to change them, but the colours i get are not to my liking. Im struggling to get the right colours!

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Changing colors and creating shapes is one of the most basic skills when using Blue Voda, and is one that you should have acquired long before becoming concerned with finalizing navigation .... you will get the hang of it easily enough if you do not allow yourself to get bogged down with minutia.

Good luck!
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X