X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Images Disappear in IE

Hi guys,

I am building this site at the moment and am a bit baffled as to why it seems that when I view the site on IE instead of Firefox, the images appear upon loading the page, and then disappear straight away.

I have asked several people to view the site on their computers using IE, and they all seem to be having difficulties. It's not always the same images that disappear, but it seems that something is not quite right.

Viewing in Safari and Chrome is OK, and I've asked a MAC user to do the same.

Any insights are appreciated

www abcoaching.org

Many thanks,

Owen

Re: Images disappearing in IE

I haven't used IE for ages but I clicked on the 'e' just for you and then compared the results with FF & Chrome and it all looks the same on these browsers. I only checked the home page and I didn't notice any missing pictures.
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Re: Images disappearing in IE

1. It is your local system, caching on too many Temp files from repeated "Preview" sessions.
      Dump your Temp Folder to display pages properly.

2. And, quite likely (since you are in Ireland), it may be an issue with older versions of Windows and/or Internet Explorer* and how they deal with PNG and/or transparent background images. Consider re-formatting (re-saving) as many of your images as possible as JPGs, re-inserting and re-publishing them to "fix" the issue once and for all, providing a more universal view overall.

* Very common issue for European and South American Users of Blue Voda: Minimum version of IE to resolve "png-fix" is IE8, and is only fully corrected in IE10. To date, Firefox yet has its own issues, none of which are being resolved timely or satisfactorily ....
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
      X