This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Login System - Admin Page

I created the necessary pages to build a login system in bv but I am stuck in the admin page. I published it but the page is blank.
    1. How do I manage the database of users who create their own username and password from this page????
    2. Do I have to create a database in c pannel under MYSQL giving it the same name that I created in the admin page of bv???

Thanks!
    www.CEA-ca.com

Re: Login System - Admin Page

The BV login system is file based (uses a file to store the data)
    Did you create the database file on the server ?
    Did you read the tutorial ?

Please read BV’s new built in Login system – a brief tutorial.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Yes I created the database file on the server.
      Yes I read the tutorial and got everthing to work well before picture 28/29. As instructied I got whats on picture 28 and 29 saved it and published it.
      When I access the published file - it is blank. I don't know what step I am not following that the data is not getting stored.
      Everythihng else is working fantastic!

Thanks!
      www.CEA-ca.com

Comment

Another issue;
        1.I have a protected directory.
        2. I created a user with a password in the login system.
        3. I authintecated the user and password in c pannel - did my test several times and everything went well over the weekend. Then I just wanted to do a test with the same user and password - the login page had remember me on... but today it did not get past the login - it began to take me to the error page. I tested the protected directory with the same user and password - it allowed entry into the protected directory. I tried this test several times from the login page it did not work.
        4. Then I created the same username and password with the same email address. This time it went through right up to the protected directory.

Question?
        1. Did the userid and password expire or get deleted by any chance that it did not recognize it in the login page initially?
        2. Did this happen because my admin page is not yet working the way it should as addressed above.
        3. Does the database php file have a primary key?

Thanks
        www.CEA-ca.com

Comment

On your previous issue: maybe you have named the BV page with the same name of the backend PHP script ?

You got me confused with the other issues.

Since no database exists (it is a file) no primary key exists.
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Okay! I deleted the old admin box and published it again. It worked.
            Thanks!
            www.CEA-ca.com

Comment

Regarding the second issue- this may be for your personal reasons to help people in the future with an answer. Based on what I described could that have happened because the username and password did not get activated in the admin page hence because of code it considered the user inactive after the expiry of a day or whatever timeframe?

I am also curious. Does the system automatically delete a username and passoword after 3 or more incorrect username/passorword entiries - inorder to warn users about it.
              Thanks!
              www.CEA-ca.com

Comment

What I am confused about is that you are mentioning a protected directory and the login system.

A protected directory (with the real meaning of the term, which is a directory protected through the server's "Password Protected Directories" tool) can not interfere with the BV's Login system. So I am cnfused about what you are asking me.

Please clarify.

The BV login system can not exclude a user because he has made a number of unsuccessfull attempts. It simply doesn't have such a feature.
                Navaldesign

Comment

There was no issue with the protected directory.
                  A username and password that was created before the admin page was activated worked well but got di-activated automatically the next day without any interfearance or the activation of the admin page. (This was before I got the admin page to work)
                  www.CEA-ca.com

Comment

Working...
                  X