This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAVALDESIGN > BV built-in Login/Database feature

This post is intended for navaldesign but I'd be happy to hear from anyone.

I've been back and forth with BlueVoda and other applications, and now I'm back again giving BV a shot. I'm trying to take advantage of more of the features it has to offer and now I'm a bit stuck on the new built-in login feature.

I did read through all of the tutorial but there's a chance I missed the answer I'm looking for. The focus will be on this quote from the tutorial:

It also will not allow you to redirect each user to a specific page of his own (though I will display, at a later stage, a method for doing this, if necessary).
    I may have missed it, if that method was listed... but that's why I'm here.

I'm a visual designer for several groups and organizations (at least 10 per year) and a couple years ago I began creating personalized pages for each client. Each page would present a video of the drill that I designed, links to download different versions of the video and PDF files of both the charts and coordinates of each movement. Each page was published into a password protected directory - one for each group. I would assign them a username and password so they could visit the page whenever they needed to.

I would email each client the link to the page and include their username and password. Overall, fairly simple and I don't mind doing that each year. But I'd like to see if there's a simpler way of doing things for my client, even if it means I have to do something more complicated on my end.

I'm wondering if it would be possible to place a login box right on my home page in the sidebar and that could be the universal login for all of the clients? Now, the reason I'm asking here is just to be absolutely sure that I didn't miss anything in the tutorial.

This is a mock up of what I'd like to do:

The money move - I still want to have 10 separate password protected pages for each of my 10 clients. I would like each client to have their own individual username and password. And I would like to have them ALL be able to login from the same login box on the main home page of my site and, somehow, the login system will recognize each of their 10 individual name/password combinations and direct them to whichever of the 10 password protected pages they are supposed to go to.

Does that make sense?

I realize how ridiculous this might sound. And I do realize it is likely not at all possible, but again, that's why I'm here. I'd really like to try to avoid listing links to each group's page for them to click on and then login to that page, which I know how to do. I have no problems doing what I've done for the past couple years and just emailing them the link to the page. (I don't want to publicly list and link to several password protected sites on my page...)

Anyway, please let me know if there's anything I can clarify if my post left something out. What I'm trying to do is probably extremely complicated, if not impossible on BlueVoda. If it's not, though, please assist me in what I need to do to make it happen. I may have also missed a thread or two in my search. I read through many but didn't find my answer.

Thanks so much! :)
    George
    www.virtuosocreative.com

Re: NAVALDESIGN > BV built-in Login/Database feature

You can easily do this with Logger Lite ( http://www.dbtechnosystems.com/logger_lite.php ) but since this is a paid for script, I will explain how you can do it with the BV loggin system:

Using the BV Login system, is possible, indirectly, to redireect a user to his own page

Set the original redirect page to be whatever you want, in example "main.php"

Then add the following code in the Start of page of this "main.php"

<?php
    session_start();
    $link_to = $_SESSION['username']."_page.php";
    header("Location: $link_to");
    ?>

Create the user's pages, using the following page name format:

username_page . Of course, replace, in each page, the word username with the actual username of the specific user.

Then, in each of these pages, add the following code in the Start of Page:

<?php
    session_start();
    $user = "username";
    if($_SESSION['username'] != $user){
    header("Location: access_denied.php");
    }
    ?>

These are protected pages, so they need to be PHP.

Replace username (only where it is in red) with the specific user's username, and replace access_denied.php with the real URL of your denial page.

If you wish you can also change page (only where it is in blue) with something else, in example "private_area". This way, navaldesign's private page would be named:

navaldesign_private_area.php
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
    X