• Show
Clear All
  • fnt
    Captain

• Mar 2006

Making an image start up the windows media player

Hi...

Please look here for refrerence

sakura88 เว็บไซต์ของเราพร้อมเปิดรับนักเดิมพันทุกท่าน เพราะเว็บไซต์ของเราเป็นเว็บไซต์ที่รวมทุกๆควาสนุกที่คุณต้องการไว้ที่เดียว

I am trying to use the red play button to trigger the start of the player to play.
    I have set the event of the button as click, play, windows media 1.

the player is NOT on autostart. it is not allowing me to use the button...

your help is appreciated,
    thanks
    paul
    www.follownotrends.com
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Making an image start up the windows media player

Plays fine for me?
    I too, am on the lookout for an audio player that has "compact" controls including volume, and can't seem to really find one slick enough for my taste ....

Here's a skin for Longtail Player (free, and will work with BV) that I thought might look better on your site, combining the 2 looks.
    Keep in mind that these are added to the page via a BV Flash Box, and you can make them short enough to not show a screen (which does not default for audio files anyway):
    http://www.longtailvideo.com/addons/...32/Playcasso?q= alt=

* The player seen on Lynn's Wordpress site you have been looking for can be found on this page as "#4" ... http://woork.blogspot.com/2009/05/5-...audio-mp3.html ... and this Tutorial shows how to install it on a non-WP (BV) site.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• fnt
      Captain

• Mar 2006

wow...
      your help is greatly appreciated...

here a re a few links to what i found

mini-http://www.instantshift.com/2010/02/10/21-free-music-players-for-your-website/

google - http://www.labnol.org/internet/desig...websites/2232/

yahoo - http://mediaplayer.yahoo.com/

they problem is, with google , my tunes started to crack and skip (oh my no no)

and then the yahoo, when you publish and check it? that yahoo player appears on the bottom
      www.follownotrends.com

Comment

• fnt
        Captain

• Mar 2006

Now,
        I get totally confused when it says download this, swf this, download to your server this that,
        for instance the yahoo one up there. it is so simple. u just write the code in your html and its there...

look how smooth this one is? but its more complicated right?

Play sound from JavaScript including MP3, MPEG-4 and HTML5-supported audio formats with SoundManager 2, a cross-browser/platform sound API. BSD licensed.

it just has that beautiful play button...

my main thing here Vasili (your greek?) is that it plays on ALL computers... no problem with anyones browsers etc...

now the one you gave me? if i cannot go with any simple play button, i would like to give that a try...
        its cool.
        but then it says download skin or order now... what am i downloading and what am i ordering?
        thank you my friend,
        paul
        www.follownotrends.com

Comment

• fnt
          Captain

• Mar 2006

Create a new folder on your Web server and name it "audio"
          Upload the two files for the audio player (player.swf and audio-player.js) to the audio folder.
          Upload an MP3 file to the audio folder. For this tutorial, let's assume your file is named music.mp3. (NOTE: The MP3 file must be encoded at 44.1 kHz, or 22.05 kHz; any other sampling rate will result in the "chipmunk effect," which you really would not like.)
          Now that your three files are uploaded, they reside at these URLs:

http://www.fakedomain.com/myname/audio/music.mp3

so this is where it gets complicated, when it says create a new folder....etc
          www.follownotrends.com

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
            * The player seen on Lynn's Wordpress site you have been looking for can be found on this page as "#4" ... http://woork.blogspot.com/2009/05/5-...audio-mp3.html ... and this Tutorial shows how to install it on a non-WP (BV) site.
            This is the one I am probably going to use myself for a choir site, and it's the same one you were originally hunting for.

Using the Tutorial shown, you need simply copy the 2 files to the server in the created directrory as advised, and then load up the audio files. Create your new folder in cPanel > FILE MANAGER > click on the domain to open to public_html/ directory, then click on the toolbar's CREATE NEW FOLDER

The code then gets pasted into a BV HTML Box, and will play for all browsers universally. This is a script that calls SWF into play, all according to coded instructions ... don't get freaked out with how the display is made to function using Flash: this is not a Flash script, but a Javascript that uses pieces of Flash.

How simple is that?

I like the "minimized" appearance, and then when clicked, the way it "expands" to allow more controls and visual clues to the file playing.
            The Tutorial at the bottom of the Tutorial allows you to customize it any-which-way-to-Sunday with regard to colors, sizes, etc. Or did you see that?? HERE

Took a while to hunt this beast down, you know ..... and you have to know how to look!
            Not Greek, but Orthodox.

Comment

• fnt
              Captain

• Mar 2006

Thanks for joining my struggle my friend...

Vasili,
              if i had a choice?
              i would love to have this on my site

Javascript-driven sound, canvas-based MP3 player UI demo: 360-degree circular control / jog wheel example for playing MP3 links using SoundManager 2, Javascript and Canvas.

that little play button left of the word "rain"

Can i do this one?

if so, i would greatly appreciate your explanation as you did here

Using the Tutorial shown, you need simply copy the 2 files to the server in the created directrory as advised, and then load up the audio files. Create your new folder in cPanel > FILE MANAGER > click on the domain to open to public_html/ directory, then click on the toolbar's CREATE NEW FOLDER

1) it says to create a new folder, ok, ill call it audio (however, where is our web server?)
              2) uploading means copy and pasting the folders?
              3) am in in cPanel only? or also FTP manager?

I appreciate your help on this, your help will put the final touches on my site

i am also an Orthodox
              www.follownotrends.com

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

I am pretty sure you need some familiarity with coding CSS, and coding CSS within BV to use this one you want .... so I'm not the "Pro With The Know" on this subject, unfortunately. I've digested a lot of webstuff, but beyond simple coding is just "beyond" me I suppose.

BlueFTP will not be the way to do as instructed, as only in cPanel do you have the same ability to create a 'folder' and upload files from a single dashbord. You access cPanel using the same Primary Domain of your accont and the Password you use when publishing in BV, so it's not a big leap - just a different layout. Pretty intuitive, if you slow down and get a good oversight before prancing about ....

cPanel Login Page

Christos Anesti!

Comment

• fnt
                  Captain

• Mar 2006

i have done what you said about CPanel, and i created a new folder called it Music
                  www.follownotrends.com

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by fnt View Post
                    i have done what you said about CPanel, and i created a new folder called it Music
                    Go back and "edit" the folder name to "music" (without the capital letter) so it functions properly.

Go for it! It'll be great, considering you have great clips!

Comment

• fnt
                      Captain

• Mar 2006

ok, did that

Alithos
                      www.follownotrends.com

Comment

• fnt
                        Captain

• Mar 2006

so forget that soundmanager buttons then...
                        www.follownotrends.com

Comment

• fnt
                          Captain

• Mar 2006

Discover 34,546 Plugins, Code and Script for Bootstrap, Javascript, PHP, Wordpress, HTML5 and more. Save time, buy Code on CodeCanyon!

Vasili...

How can i get this one on my site? Music2.xml
                          www.follownotrends.com

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by fnt View Post
                            Vasili...How can i get this one on my site? Music2.xml
                            "At ActiveDen you can buy and sell royalty-free Adobe Flash and Flex files for just a few dollars. Items are priced on the complexity, quality and use of the file. The site is home to a bustling community of Flash designers and developers and is the largest Flash library on the web."

If you want this one and can work with Flash, register with the site and pay $8 to download the files for this Flash button/player.

Comment

Working...
                            X