This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clone a page

I am re-designing my website and want to copy the content from the old pages into the new pages. I plan to clone my index page so I can copy the content of my old pages into the new re-designed clone page. Is it possible to copy a whole page of text and paste it into the new cloned page? I do not want to have to copy and paste each separate element on an old page onto the new cloned page--that would take a long time on some pages.

Re: Clone a page

Yes ... simply "highlight" the textbox with the selected text you wish to copy onto another page and click on the COPY Icon (not the nouse or toolbar command), and then click over to the next page in BlueVoda and click on the PASTE Icon (not the mouse or toolbar command) which will Paste onto the second page the textbox in exactly the same position it was on the opriginal page.

You can then move it around on the page, if need be, or otherwise re-configure the text and textbox separately.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

To recreate the entire page content you can either Edit ->Select All

and then paste all in the new page using the Paste Icon from the toolbar (and then modify / delete / add as required)

or

File -> New Page -> Clone page

You select and clone the page you want, then you save it with the name you want and then you modify it as required.

If, instead you want to copy blocks of text, Select it (not highlight) and copy it, then paste it in the new page.

Copying the object (text) allows you to paste it in the page.

Highlighting and copying simply copies the text in the clipboard, but it is not Paste-able: you will need to first insert a text element in the page, then Paste from clipboard.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Well, if you want to get picky, then yes - you're right - I should have said "select" as you pointed out, or even added "(click on the textbox once)" ... LOL! ... ... but it's all good, especially expanding on specific step-by-step directions on how to duplicate a page or contents therein.

Sometimes being so repetitive diminishes the instructions available in the Tutorials, which obviously had not been reviewed. IMO.

Comment

Just clarifying things....since highlighting is just a different thing for different purposes (copying parts, not all, to paste into another text object)
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Comment

I have no trouble with using the "clone page" link next to "new page" in the toolbar. Is there a problem with that?
              Mike
              M.J.Ming

Comment

Originally posted by mjming_gainingconfidence@ View Post
                I have no trouble with using the "clone page" link next to "new page" in the toolbar. Is there a problem with that? Mike
                No, not at all. Go for it!

Comment

Working...
                X