This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Browser Cache - Advice?

I have read the above issue and am now confused.

I thought that it was a good idea if the browser cached your pages so if you came back to the same pages the pages would load quicker because they where remembered in the browser.

If I add the code as recomended,
    <META HTTP EQUIV-"Progma" CONTENT= "no-cache">

Will my pages load slower on following visits as the browser has to reload pages from server rather than browser cache?

Any thoughts?
    <META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma" CONTENT="no-cache">

<META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma" CONTENT="no-cache">

Re: No Browser Cache - Advice?

This prevents "old" page versions cached in browsers from preventing "newer" page versions to load, and also helps to reduce the volume of Temp files in Visitor browsers .... something you do on their behalf while establishing they will always see the most updated version of your website.

Don't get myopically focused on page load speeds: you cannot control or influence web page rendering universally due to the infinite variables of connection, system, RAM, etc. If a page takes more than a minute to load, THEN you can take exception. Otherwise, relax!
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks Vasili, So I have nothing to lose and every thing to gain by adding the code to every page. I was mainly thinking about photos that would appear on multiple pages. I suppose as long as the photos are sized correctly they wount slow the page load?

Comment

Images with extraordinary file sizes will indeed affect load times, but for the most part still remain the least of your concerns: each image should be titled specifically for each page (even if it is the same images page-to-page) and should include ALT Text to also emphasize the page-specific relevance to Content to establish clear optimization overall.

If you have not done so with your own image editor, download and use the free PixResizer from VodaHost to "optimize" your images: opening them in PixResizer and re-saving them (maybe with a more "optimized" title for each page) will reduce the actual image file size, assuring you optimal performance upon your pages.

Again .... lose the paranoia/preoccupation with page load times, and focus more on attending to all the details about your entire construct --- build the relevance, weave in the Content's uniqueness, and establish a real presence that is worthy to become a deep and valued "resource" to the Search Engines. Spinning your wheels on page load times in hopes of preparing for Visitor convenience is a waste of time, whereas grooming your site from the ground up will more likely attract the traffic you desire and that the SE's can help develop for you if you earn their favor!
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X