• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bdreim
    Private First Class

• Oct 2010

tab naming

Hello,
    Just wondering how you name your tabs. for example mine say untitled page were as other websites say the page you are on in the tab. how do i change that?

thanks

Ben Reim
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: tab naming

Sounds like you might need to start from the beginning to review all the core basic aspect of creating a web page, so you will be able to not only make significant progress, but be able to find the resources to draw upon to further your skills.

The "tabs" you speak of are what I must assume are the "Tabs" in yoru browser, and these display the Title of the web page you are currently viewing in the Window of the browser.

Thus, you need to know how to properly Name your pages in BlueVoda, yes?

TUTORIAL: How To Name Pages in BlueVoda

BLUE VODA WEBSITE BUILDER Complete A-Z video tutorials covering all aspects of building and publishing a website with the BlueVoda website builder.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• bdreim
      Private First Class

• Oct 2010

not exactly yes i am talking about the broswer tabs but i have the page in blue voda titled correctly i just need google to display the correct name on it. i have done it before i just don't remember what i did. it had something to do with the caching or something and once i found the correct place it had to wait until google did it's sweep or something before it would display the correct name.

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Browser Cache would only apply to your system view, and has nothing to do with how any of the Search Engines index your pages: they do not create "temporary" page titles only to make corrections on a return visit.
        If you have properly Named your page, published them to the proper server/IP (many accounts been migrated to newly upgraded servers), you should see the browser tabs properly.

Your explanation only indicates you are still confused about some basic concepts ... and without providing a URL to a web page in your request for assistance as required by Forum protocols, there is nothing else anyone can say or do to assist you.

>> How to ask for assistance

Comment

• bdreim
          Private First Class

• Oct 2010

okay well here is the home page that i have that is the correct way

and here is a page that is not correct.

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
            If you have properly Named your pages, published them to the proper server/IP (many accounts been migrated to newly upgraded servers), you should see the browser tabs properly
            You have not Named your page!

As seen in your Page Source >
            <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1">
            <title>Untitled Page</title>
            <meta name="GENERATOR" content="Created by BlueVoda">

1. In BlueVoda, with the page opened, from the Toolbar: VIEW > PAGE PROPERTIES > "General" > "Title" > Enter PAGE TITLE

2. SAVE page, PUBLISH page.

Comment

• bdreim
              Private First Class

• Oct 2010

okay thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X