This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble overwriting newest BV version

I've read the posts and I'm sure this is absurdly easy to do but I'm stuck.
    Latest version of BV does not seem to want to overwrite the old version. I'm designating the path correctly but come up with the 'insert disk or redesignate path' error every time. Any suggestions?
    Thanks,
    M
    Marcie
    www.redtractorfarm.com
    www.iloveacorns.com
    www.halfkilofeta.com

Re: Trouble overwriting newest BV version

Unless things are different these days, I recall that the latest version doesn't overwrite the previous version. This once caused me confusion because I thought I was using the latest version when in fact I wasn't. I had two versions running side by side on my PC.

Once I know all my BV pages are safe ie in MyDocuments (and backed up to memory stick - just in case), I uninstal the Bluevoda program in add/remove programs and delete any shortcuts on my desktop. Satisfied I've done that I then download the latest version and away I go.
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

The new versions of BlueVoda do in fact overwrite the older versions, unless during installation the paths are changed or your previous installation was located apart from the default destination.

I would suggest, Marcie, that since you are using Windows7 you are not installing it as was designed, and somehow the installation destination has been changed, or that in Win7 the structure appears different than you are used to using with XP (also the situation with some of your earlier obstacles to re-build your site).
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Help!
        The Windows 7 is probably the cause of my download problems and I don't know how to get around this. I don't understand what the installation destination should be!?
        I also answered Naval about this problem before seeing this post. I've uninstalled older version and now need to figure out how to get the new one ASAP! Just got back from a week long break...
        Thanks,
        Marcie
        Marcie
        www.redtractorfarm.com
        www.iloveacorns.com
        www.halfkilofeta.com

Comment

'insert disk or redesignate path' is a corrupted zip indication.

Please download again, from https://www.vodasupport.com/index.ph...wnloaditemid=1 eventually using another browser in place of your usual one. Or, completely delete the BV zip download from your browser "downloads" folder, so it will be forced to make a fresh full download.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi
            My name is Salina.
            I hope its ok to jump into this conversation :)
            I built our website with my old computer: windows xp and bv version 10.1
            I now have a new laptop with windows 7 and I downloaded bv 11.
            All my photos and shapes are gone. I designed my backgrounds and designs with my own files ( digital s****booking images ) so, most of my graphics show up as "image not found".
            I don't know what to do. I wish I could call someone for help, but there is no phone number to call for help.
            I'm so new at this and learning....I feel like giving up.
            Any suggestions?
            Thank you.

Comment

thats strange....it put little stars when I tried to write s**** booking above, huh

Comment

Salina,

Please use your own thread in the feature, especially when, as in this case, your issue is entirely different for the original poster's one.

Now, regarding your issue:

When you change computer, most probably the path to the "Documents" folder is different than the one you had in the old computer. Therefore, images are not found (although they still are there, on the server)

If you are not in a hurry updating the entire website, go ahead and re-establish the images paths whenever you update single pages, and you will be ok. Remember to Publish ALL files.
                Navaldesign
                Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Γιωργος & Βασιλις,

Thank you both! New version of BV in place and I'm back in business!
                  Used a different server and the download went through without a hitch.
                  Thank you!
                  M
                  Marcie
                  www.redtractorfarm.com
                  www.iloveacorns.com
                  www.halfkilofeta.com

Comment

Working...
                  X