Kudos to Voda and BV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kudos to Voda and BV

Today I took the pages of my site - www.moxie-enter-prises.com and entered it to check for compliance with W3C standards. (If any of you haven't been doing this, you should: http://www.w3schools.com/xhtml/xhtml_validate.asp )

To my amazement, the only problems were a few coding mistakes I made in html - 15 minutes worth of fixes by me and it was 100% compliant

I have 3 websites with another host that have literally 100's of errors in the template designs which cannot be fixed and I'm now building in Soho - which also has errors in their designs which I have no access to.

I am sooooooooooo impressed with BV and Vodahost - it's an excellent product!
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Re: Kudos to Voda and BV

Hi Bethers, just noticed this post.

A quick question, you said that we should get our pages checked, is this just to ensure the smooth running of the sites which obviously depends on the code?

I did actually check two other sites that were created by a rather expensive web designer for our other businesses and there are hundreds of code errors on the site! In practical terms, does this matter if the site seems to be working?

cheers

Dave
    Dave

Law of Attraction Books
    Hypnotherapy Hertfordshire
    Reiki Books

Comment

Bethers, what is wc3 and why is it important for us to comply? Who polices it and how does it benefit us or web users? I had a quick look at the site but left feeling non the wiser. I thought, seeing as you obviously understand it, you would probably be able to define it in terms we can understand. Thank you.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Without getting too technical, following W3C standards will help your website in many ways - one it should be able to be seen as displayed on the different operating systems worldwide, another is it can mean better load times. Simple things like forgetting to put in closing tags or using tags where they don't belong, will cause websites to load slower and bring it out of compliance. I do notice that since I added iframes to my site, I have a couple errors - and I will look to see if there is coding in there that I can fix to bring them into compliance. But those are the ONLY places I'm incompliant that I haven't been able to fix because of my own errors - and I added those - that's not a BV error.

W3C compliancy starts with the doctype statement all the blue voda sites have incorporated. That statement alone will allow pages to display properly as it tells them how to read them. BV templates are coded properly and the BV editor codes properly. However, it's up to us, when we add extra code to our pages, to not use code that takes away from it.

W3C started to help to make and keep the WWW so that the whole world would be able to use it and we could all see the same things on our page. It is an attempt to not have something like the vcr/beta or cassette/8 track type of thing happening (Yes, I'm showing my age - some of you youngsters probably don't know what a beta tape is and an 8 track is totally out of your vocabulary). The point is, they couldn't be played exchanged.

So, the W3C came about and started working to make sure we would all be able to continue to communicate - as one world wide organization - not be divided up into lots of groups. Just look at this forum and all the countries involved. Wonderful, isn't it?

To quote the W3C: "The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) develops interoperable technologies (specifications, guidelines, software, and tools) to lead the Web to its full potential. W3C is a forum for information, commerce, communication, and collective understanding."

Many web builders out there are incompliant and don't even try for compliancy. So, again, kudos to BV and VodaHost.
        Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks Bethers for taking the time to write that for us.

I ran all four of my sites through and came up with exactly 10 errors on each site. I've a hunch it may be to do with the frames and the transparency I have used. But I'm not going to obsess (as ***** puts it. lol) as no-one has said that they experience any problems with it and the frames help the loading time.

Thanks again.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

No, and I wouldn't worry with 10 errors - but since I know the BV sites can be perfect, I'm going to check mine couple just to see if I can fix them :)
            Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks bethers,

this forum really in invaluable and thanks to you for your feedback.

cheers

Dave
              Dave

Law of Attraction Books
              Hypnotherapy Hertfordshire
              Reiki Books

Comment

Working...
              X