• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gerrit
    Master Sergeant

• Feb 2008

Translating the tutorials

For my convenience I am watching all video tutorials and am translating the instructions of the content I need for my own website, translating the instructions from the tutorials in my native Dutch. Purpose would be to save this translation as a backup and print it to put it in a folder as a handy guidebook. I would not publish the translated version or distribute the printed pages or so, I'd just store it in my own mailbox and print it to keep the pages stapled together in my own closet.

Just want to know if I am not breaching any copyrights or intellectual property with this ; after all the purpose is solely to have a handy guide in my own mother tongue for future webpages creations using BlueVoda.
    "It's better to die on your feet than to live on your knees"
  • VodaHost
    General & Forum Administrator

• Mar 2005

Re: Translating the tutorials

Please feel free to translate them. I would really appreciate if you gave us a copy of the translations. I will post them on the forum, give you full credit and a link back to your website.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• gerrit
      Master Sergeant

• Feb 2008

No problem. Once I've finished translating, I'll PM you so that I can email you a copy. The copy contains a clear sign that I don't own any content and only translated some instructions, and I added the "(c) Vodahost" as well. Gimme a one or two weeks to finish the translation, we're in very busy weeks at work but I will try to get the translation finished ASAP and then send you a copy :)

Comment

• gerrit
        Master Sergeant

• Feb 2008

Well, things forced me to delay finishing the translation sooner but I'm busy with the last parts. Once finished, to whom should I send it?

As said before, I just translated those parts of the tutorials that I consider essential to use the webbuilder for own convenience, and added a clear disclaimer that all content translated is (c) Vodahost ...

I just hope the tutorials (and thus translated parts) work with new and old version of BlueVoda :) and that there's other Dutch speakers who can have some benefit of a translated version. :)

Comment

Working...
        X