• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rbrutus31
    Private First Class

• Sep 2011

need to put editable text with certain parameters of my website

I have an image of a cellphone for my website. I want the text to fit within that image. regular text just runs right through the image. text box...works but doesnt let me edit parts of my text. I just dont know how to make this happen. i put a layer but I cant put any text in the layer. I tried an inline frame but i can only put links in that frame. Can anyone help.
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: need to put editable text with certain parameters of my website

It is not clear what you want to do.

If you mean that you want text to go "around" the image, this is not available in BV

However I don't understand why you can't edit the text, whether it is on a layer or not.

Please publish the page and provide a link so we can see what you have done.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• rbrutus31
      Private First Class

• Sep 2011

Ok...couple of problems. One my site is published through another hosting company. It was done by a friend who is a designer part time and although I dont like the site very much it's all I have right now. I was trying to use bv to build it on my own to eventually replace it. Which leads me to a quick question. Can I publish this site like I would normally through bv website builder thru another hosting company. Is it the same process? But bottom line...I cant publish the site because I dont want to replace the one thats up now. Unless i can somehow publish it to a subdomain or something. Anyway....
      But back to my problem....what Im trying to say is this. Picture my website is one big ipad image. The inside (screen of the ipad) is clear. That's where my text and stuff will go. So I only want my text to be inside the ipad. So if there's a lot of text, the viewer would just use a scroll bar within the ipad to keep reading more text. But I cant seem to do this. I use the edit text box and it does does what what I need but I cant change individual stuff. Inline frame...nope. I inserted a layer and does me no good. Because I cant do anything on that layer. I cant seem to figure this out. It seems to me that what Im trying to do shouldnt be so hard. Can u help. and Lastly...
      since your the only one who has even attempted to help me....I have been trying to put a facebook like or follow me button on my site. But I go to the facebook developer site get the html5 or iframe or fbml code and put it on my site but it doesnt appear. I've tried all three. Any other html code I use works..ie like for my webform from aweber, that appears just fine. But the facebook button never appears. Please please help

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

First, BlueVoda will only publish on VodaHost servers. So unless you purchase a VodaHost account you will not be able to use BlueVoda.

The text effect you need can be acheived in many ways.
        With a text area object (but this way you can only have a unique formatting for the text), with a layer (overflow set to "auto"), with an Iframe (where the text is published separately in another page)

The Iframe solution will only work after the pages are published.

Your facebook button: you certanly have something wrong, there is no problem with using fb code . If you post here your code I can have a look.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• rbrutus31
          Private First Class

• Sep 2011

Ok...so text area and inline frame are really not going to work. so that leaves me with the layer. and perhaps I just dont know what Im doing. But I go to insert layer. I get the layer where I want it. I set it to auto. Ok...then what. when I double click on it...it just gives me options to set it...thats it. How do I type text within the layer. I tried inserting text...but its just the same as not having the layer there. The text still runs right through it. How does the layer work. Please help. This is so frustrating.

also...here's the code: its html5 for the facebook like button. But it just does not want to show up on the site.
          <div id="fb-root"></div>
          <script>(function(d, s, id) {
          var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];
          if (d.getElementById(id)) {return;}
          js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id;
          js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1";
          fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);
          }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>

<div class="fb-like" data-href="http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mobile-On-MainStreet-Inc/212284875488881" data-send="false" data-width="450" data-show-faces="true"></div>

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Use of layer:

Insert a layer, Set overflow to Auto
            Make the layer the dimensions you need. Insert a text object on the layer , make sure it is part of the layer. This is done by moving it a pixel or two until you see the layer border highlighted (which stands to indicate that the text now belongs on that layer)

At this point, double click your text and type the whole text you need. If th etext is bigger than the layer, it will seem like going through (exceebut, as soon as you click somewhere outside the text, you will see that the exceeding part is cut off and scrollbars will appear both in BV's workspace, but not functional) and in Preview (functional).
            Navaldesign

Comment

• rbrutus31
              Private First Class

• Sep 2011

ok i will try and see what happens. How about the fb code. were you able to see anything with it. it doesnt appear on my site when i put it in.

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Why are you using the HTML5 code ?

BV pages are not (yet) HTML5 compliant so they don't have the correct DOCTYPE declaration for HTML5.

Use the normal code (Iframe type) instead.
                Navaldesign

Comment

• tyler9953
                  Sergeant First Class

• Feb 2009

I am having issues with FB code as well. I guess I use Iframe in HTML box?

<iframe src="//www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fpag es%2FEleven-Cent-Ransom%2F125475454301977%3Fref%3Dbookmarks&amp;wid th=90&amp;layout=button_count&amp;action=like&amp; show_faces=false&amp;share=true&amp;height=21" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" style="border:none; overflow:hidden; width:90px; height:21px;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>

Thanks
                  Tyler W. West

Medicare Supplement
                  West Insurance

I'm swell, thanks for asking...

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

No ... you paste the FB code into a BV HTML Box, size it properly (to allow for the populated text to flow within page margins), add the FB Code Snippet to the Page HTML in the proper Tab (right-click on a BV page > PAGE HTML), and simply Publish as normal.

The 'Sticky' posted long ago regarding FB Like applies to all similar FB "Widgets" -- neither FB or BV have changed methods, only offering additional tools as they both evolve.
                    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                    X