• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jim Koury
    Private

• Oct 2011

Uploading to Existing Domain on Vodahost

I have a vodahost web account for my current site. My domain is www.diversityrulesmagazine.com. I am currently developing a new site using BlueVoda. Do I use my existing FTP username and password and server for uploading my new BlueVoda files to the public folder? I watched the tutorial but I am still not quite clear on what I need to do. It said I had to use the BlueVoda username and password that I got in an e-mail, but I don't seem to have any e-mail with that information in it.

Also, when I am ready to publish my new BlueVoda files, do I have to delete the current "index.html" associated with the www.diversityrulesmagazine.com domain? I normally use CuteFTP, but I am gathering I cannot use that program any longer to upload BlueVoda files?

HELP... I am a tad confused.

Thanks.
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: Uploading to Existing Domain on Vodahost

By "I am currently developing a new site" do you mean a Second website ? or a new version of the existing one ?

If just a new version of the same website, simply publish the new pages you have created. They will override the previous ones. Then connect with FTP and delete files (pages) not longer needed.

If you mean a new, separate website, you need to:

1. Purchase the new domain name
    2. Add, it, as Addon domain, in your cpanel. This will result in automatically creating a subfolder in public_html. The new, automatically created folder, usually has the same name as the domain name you added.
    3. Create a subfolder named the same, in your BlueVoda folder (on your computer). Create and save all your new site pages in there.
    4. Publish using the "Publish" tool of BlueVoda, in "public_html/newdomainname.com " where obviously newdomainname.com is the folder created by cPanel when you add the Addon domain name.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
    X