X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Download is not working

Can anybody please visit this page -

and tell me what's wrong? I can't get the download button to work. Thank you.

btw: I did this in BV

Re: Download is not working

The links work fine, preparing to download a M2V file .... are you sure that is the proper file designation?? (Usually it is MP4 or WAV and not M2V).

If the file designation is improper, or the file itself is too large, it will not download as desired.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks a lot, it's a 45MB file actually. I'm testing the page to download big file sizes such as this one because I'm planning to transfer one of my sites from other hosting provider to Vodahost. Construction documents range from 30MB to 75MB and registered clients need to download these. Tech support from Voda figured out what's wrong with the page and I re-worked it.

You think big files such as these can't be handled by Voda? Because my current host can't and that's the main reason why I want to pull out my site from them.

Comment

Originally posted by jorujuja View Post
        Tech support from Voda figured out what's wrong with the page and I re-worked it.

You think big files such as these can't be handled by Voda? Because my current host can't and that's the main reason why I want to pull out my site from them.
        Glad you reviewed as suggested the file Titles and formats to find the bug.

It is uncommon and not recommended to propose the transfer of such large files, for a number of reasons, especially, including the unforeseen variables of User connection issues becoming a source of fault as well as invitations of User systems to timeout or corrupt the file transfer, and the simple fact VodaHost's Terms of Service specifically specifies that under no circumstances are you to allow your single shared hosting account to exceed 5% of Server Resources at any one given time (something such a processing would no doubt require as expressed in available bandwidth per millisecond).

I would seriously consider partitioning, ultra-compressing, or segmenting your files to each be no larger than 3-7mb (the common email transfer limitations) in order to steer clear of the TOS limitations.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X