This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• File upload

Has anyone used the file upload as of yet.
    Are there any samples or detailed explanations on it's proper use?

Re: File upload

Which file upload ?

The one within a BV page (uploading one or more files when publishing a page) or the one of forms (uploading files through forms) ?
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Ok I should have been a little more on detail.
      say I have a form for a visiter to up load a file.
      Or up load files through forms
      I have reread the section and have better understanding
      now.
      just wonder if there is a basic sample to look at to be sure i do understand.

Comment

There is nothing difficult about this.Just add a "upload" field in your form and you will receive the uploaded files attached in your mail.Please note that there are restrictions regarding file size for uploads and for email attachements.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I believe he is asking for the size restrictions, as he is planning on some larger files to be transferred ... it would be best to disclose the upload file size limitations outright (with the new servers, I no longer am quite sure what it is myself, otherwise I would have offered such).
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I only see a request of a file upload form sample.

There is no such sample (unless you download the ABVFP zip, where you can find a sample of form that contains, among other, upload fields.

Related thread: http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/for...essor-2-a.html
            Navaldesign

Comment

So ... just to be clear once and for all, what are the file size restrictions?

Comment

Not fixed for all servers.

To find out, create in Notepad a file with the following content:

<?php
                phpinfo();
                ?>

Click on Save As -> Select file type -> All files and Save it As "php_info.php" or any other "strange" name you like (like, in example, "Jh645J4HH.php"), for security reasons.

Upload the file in your public_html and run it through your browser: http://www.yourdomain.com/Jh645J4HH.php

After you are done, delete the file from the server for security reasons.

It will display the server settings.

You can also go in cPanel, Software/Services -> php configuration. It contains just a few of the php settings, but it contains the upload_max_filesize which you need to know (total of all upload fields, if more than one).
                Navaldesign

Comment

Thank you for that useful method!

Comment

These PHP configuration settings are customizable by the server administrator. --- I'm sorry but 'server admin' means VH. Right?

Comment

Yes.
                      Navaldesign

Comment

Ok was really simple process after all must have had a typo I missed first time around
                        Thanks.

Comment

Thanks to all

Thanks to all that replied to my upload issue helped alot recieved information I did not have with down load.
                          Also found I had to reinstall my web builder my files were corrupted works well now.
                          May have been issue from start.

Comment

Working...
                          X