Can button in nav bar stay "lit" while on that page?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • a smith
    Private First Class

• May 2012

Can button in nav bar stay "lit" while on that page?

I have a nav bar across the top of my page. I would like the button of the page I am on to be highlighted while I am on that page. Is this possible? If so, how do I do it? I would appreciate any guidance sent my way! Annie
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Can button in nav bar stay "lit" while on that page?

> How to ask for assistance

* You would need to manually create such an appearance using static 'buttons' and colorations, as this configuration option is not presently available with any of the scripted Menu selections in BlueVoda.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• a smith
      Private First Class

• May 2012

Interesting. I'll guess I'll see if I can figure it out. A search on "static buttons" will probably give me a little more info. Thank you!

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Not likely .... Search for "tabs" or "tab menu" would be better, as we used to have to make these kinds of things ourselves before BV9 first came out with all kinds of scripted Menu options.

Use your imagination: you would simply make shapes to mimic tabs, and color them using Rollover functionality, configuring the static backgrunds manually to indicate page present, similar to how Breadcrumbs were first made way back when .... of course, they wouldn't have the drop-down sub-navigation.

Or, if you want to go the scripted way and are up to importing one, you will probably find one as you describe (with Rollover, static placeholder color, and drop-down) in this selection at DynamicDrive.com

AND
        .... get used to following Forum Decorum >> How to ask for assistance

Comment

• a smith
          Private First Class

• May 2012

LOL!!! Somehow breadcrumbs seems easier! Perhaps it will be easier since I was just using words without a visual button. I shall post any success. Or I'll you'll see my "plan B" when I post the site to be reviewed. Thank you again! Annie

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Posting progress relevant to your posts is always a good thing, as it allows your peers the opportunity to learn new perspectives, explore methodologies, and test techniques also.

I'll be looking forward to checking in on things, and to see you providing in your posts a URL to your site as required!

Comment

• a smith
              Private First Class

• May 2012

Wow! The "use your imagination" might have worked.

I just changed the color of the one tab on each nav bar----depending on which page it was. There are only five main pages so it's not too crazy to do. We'll see if it holds up. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
              X