• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hans Maier
    Private

• May 2012

Navigation Bar Not Functioning

After several re-loads the navigation Button is still not functioning.
    It gives this message: Symbol can not be found
  • VodaHost
    General & Forum Administrator

• Mar 2005

Re: Navigation Bar Not Functioning

Hello Hans,

Have you watched this video?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Hans Maier
      Private

• May 2012

Navigation Button

Pressing the navigation button results in eror message: Symbol can not be found. Watched the tutorial about 15 times.

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

>>How to ask for assistance
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• Hans Maier
          Private

• May 2012

Vasili:
          I am trying to build a website. I have no domain or URL yet. I have lote of problems with the program I downloaded. I read most of the tutorials plus I have some experience wit dreamweaver. Like I mentioned when I press the navigation button I get an error. What is worse when I try to save my page i get an error message as well. I am very interested in purchasing a domain name but if I cant get this program going I am stuk. I am running Windows XP. Thank you. Also, my e-mail address is Biowolf@telus.net.

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Just as I assumed, but it's best to ask anyway, to be sure:

PREVIEW does not provide full function to pages, ever. It is meant to only provide a "glimpse" of how the page will appear when published.

You can review each page one at a time in your local system browser using PREVIEW, but until the pages are actually Published, they cannot be "linked" together for that is a function that is made possible only when the site is accessible online and not simply as single files on your local computer.

The pages need to be published, for until they are, the links have no pages to "find" and deliver traffic to, and thus the Error you are viewing.

A web page cannot function fully using PREVIEW as there is no real website to navigate within nor association between pages. You must publish the pages for any links to become active, and for a site to have a real "online address" with a functioning page URL (which is the essence of a hyperlink).

ALTERNATIVELY ...

You must not use any symbols or special characters when labeling (configuring) your dynamic Menu (BV's MenuBar, Drop-Down, Rollover Buttons, etc.), for the default language and font is simple English and the inclusion of any symbols in a function element is not allowed.

This also applies to any language fonts: you must make sure the font is set and enabled on your local system to be usable for Content, text, or even in image Titles or naming methods. If you are using a customized image for your navigation, it is best that you use simple English, without captials, spaces, or symbols also. Re-naming your custom navigation images following these guidelines will often resolve any Errors.

"I cannot Save my Pages"
            > How To Name & Save Your BlueVoda Pages

If following the Tutorial precisely you are unsucessful, download a fresh copy of BlueVoda and install it as directed (on your Desktop, over any previously installed copy - do not delete BV from your system, as this will also delete any saved pages) to assure a fully operational version to work with.

When using BV12, you must not use the SAVE PAGE AS method to duplicate pages or to "re-name" pages, even if importing Pages or Page HTML into BlueVoda (all of which will require re-coding, re-configuration, or simply adding new to the page), as this will conflict with how the new compliant coding of BV12 is written and result in ill-formatted or dysfunctional elements on your pages (especially if attempting to use the "BV PHP Include" or the "Single Page Menu BV + PHP" method, both of which are no longer usable).

Instead
            , create a page template or use the CLONE method and proceed to manually embed each dynamic element (Menu, scripts, etc.) onto the page using the COPY+PASTE method, making sure each element is uniquely added to the page before you Save it and Publish. Also important is to name each image uniquely for each page, and to not embed (Paste) universally the same image with the same Title.

>> After installing a fresh copy of BlueVoda, it would be best if you simply delete your previously created Menu and re-create it anew, and then Save your work following the method outlined above. This would remove any erroneous formatting and allow you to progress with assurance.

> How to install, uninstall and trouble shoot BlueVoda

> Complete Tutorial Archives (Control Panel, BlueVoda, Email, more)
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
            X