This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• text problem

I'm making a couple of changes to my index page. However when I publish, the text appears far below and to the extreme right of where it should be on the page. I've tried to compensate by pasting it far above and extreme left of where I want it to end up, but there isn't enough room on my page. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Re: text problem

>> How to ask for assistance
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Ok, sorry, website is www.kieranrobertsart.com

Comment

I don't see anything wrong with any text on any of your pages.

What I do see is an issue with your pages centering in the browser: the page-to-page transition reveals they are not perfectly created (and are not centering the same).

Is your background image (added via PAGE PROPERTIES > FORMAT) 1750 pixels wide (and maybe 1000 pixels tall) to display properly in all monitor settings? If you are not using a background image and instead are using a gray 'Shape' it may be possible that the "right-thrust" position of the Shape is running beyond the right page margins (as defined in your BV Workpane) and causing other elements on the page to "reform" position as a result ... this may be what you may be seeing if viewing this "text issue" in Preview.

Have you placed your page elements in the same position page-to-page within the BV Workpane? You can comparison check absolute position of any element by clicking it once to "Select" it and looking at the X-Y Axis position plotter tool in the bottom-right of the Workpane Toolbar.

With a more refined perspective in creating your pages, it should be very easy for you to correct the "Centering" issue, and to possibly address whatever "text issue" you may alone be seeing.

Comment

Okay, so I have managed to centre the pages more in the browser and it looks heaps better thanks. However I am still having the same problem just on the index page. This can be viewed at the moment by the grey line. It should be in the same place as all the other pages, but when I publish, it's way below and to the right. All pages were created the same just using 'Line' in the BV builder. Also the second page 'Motorsport art' is far to the left of where it should be. It has all the same properties as the other pages, same settings etc. so what can I do to centre the page? Thanks, Kieran www.kieranrobertsart.com

Comment

It's all to do with how you are creating/duplicating pages and saving them (discussed throughout the Forums due to BV12 new coding that disallows anything but COPY+PASTE to manually embed elements uniquely in each page, or using CLONE as a page 'Template' method (you can't simply COPY+PASTE the same Text from one page to another as this creates a "Continuity" issue with the formatting of each) .... the SAVE PAGE AS method no longer works. To correct any lingering issues, you will need to delete any copied elements and start fresh with new ones.

Comment

Working...
            X