Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Setting small pics to accompany the pages Home, About Us, Policy etc.....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting small pics to accompany the pages Home, About Us, Policy etc.....

(2) Things which I would like to know how to fix....

I have created small pictures to represent the Home Page, About Us, Policy, etc. etc. based on the pages I will have on my site.

(1).

I have set all pictures to be exact same pixels.... When using the navigation tool I am unable to place the tab in center of each pic unless I enlarge the pic which causes the preview page to look so way off 1/2 of the tabs are placed outside the screen width. I have made sure I made the page centered on screen as well as all content to be centered on page.

(2).

I can not use the ruler to align each segment. It causes each pic / tab to be off a few spaces throwing everything uneven.

I can not publish the page until I create an account, so actually stating an issue without seeing what its end result is would be hard. If I knew how to put a screen shot of the issues in this thread I would so you could see what I am talking about.

Thank you

Bearwolf2001

Re: Setting small pics to accompany the pages Home, About Us, Policy etc.....

TAB is a function of the User's system and/or browser, and by default, TAB will advance the cursor to the next order of items embedded on a BlueVoda page - specifically to the uppermost-left corner margin of any object, including those with transparent edges (visible by how objects are plotted according to position by the X-Y Axis Position Tool in the lower-right of the BlueVoda Workpane -- test yourself by clicking on an object to select, and the absolute position will be seen in the Tool).

Thus, you will not only need to keep strict discipline about 'Page Order' of objects and the sequence of how they were inserted/embedded onto the page (to maintain 'TAB sequence'), but also apply this understanding of how to use the plotter tool to properly "read" the positions of relative objects on the page.

Nevertheless, just as is in a BV email Form, TAB will advance the cursor to the next object, and even if yours is a linked image, the browser should in fact still "select" it (seen with dotted border around image) to then allow hitting ENTER to engage the associated function (once Tab delivers you to the image, hitting Enter should make the link work, no matter where on the image you think should be the focus of the browser/cursor).

Unfortunately, I know of not one web builder (Dreamweaver included) that has the means to radius an exact position upon an object of a web page for a cursor function to follow. Oh well!

(Methinks you are reaching too far with your expectations founded on an initial incomplete understanding of how things really work)
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Vasili: Thank you for your imput. Is it possible to change the plotter tool bar to read the relative position to make the picture of (snake) and the word (home) centered on each other? Just asking... If it is not possible I will most likely have to change the way the text home is either extreme left or center in the text area and hope that will work....

Bearwolf2001

Comment

Originally posted by Bearwolf2001 View Post
        Is it possible to change the plotter tool bar to read the relative position to make the picture of (snake) and the word (home) centered on each other?
        No.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X