Making changes with Templates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making changes with Templates

I was wondering if I could create a website from a template, then go back and change the template and have all of the pages created from that template be updated with the changes. I know it can be done with a program such as dreamweaver, but it also costs a ton of money. What made me ask this question, is that I was playing with a sample website and created some pages from a template. Then when we went in and made changes to a specific page, some of those changes took place on all of the pages from that template. I'm not sure how or why it happened.

Any ideas or suggestions or explanations?

Thanks.

Re: Making changes with Templates

Originally posted by billybob1979
    I was wondering if I could create a website from a template, then go back and change the template and have all of the pages created from that template be updated with the changes. I know it can be done with a program such as dreamweaver, but it also costs a ton of money. What made me ask this question, is that I was playing with a sample website and created some pages from a template. Then when we went in and made changes to a specific page, some of those changes took place on all of the pages from that template. I'm not sure how or why it happened.

Any ideas or suggestions or explanations?

Thanks.
    Insert an I-frame in ALL your pages. Make it the same size of your pages. Create a page with the template in it, and eventually your menubar. Give the i frame initial URL, that of the template page. Now if you update your template page, ALL of your pages will be updated.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
    X