• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Serbu
    Sergeant

• Dec 2009

Double occurrence extension: .bvp and .html in File Manager

Hello! My site is www.viatatasanatoasa.com For some time, when I publish a page in the CP, the File Manager, there are two pages, one with html extension and the second extension bvp (eg: candidoza.html and candidoza.bvp).
    Questions:
    1. is normal to appear the same page twice with different extensions, in File Manager?
    2. helped me this manner?
    3. If this mode is not normal and not help me, how can I do that to publish a page not to appear in File Manager extension bvp same page?

Thank you in advance!
    Viaţă Tă Sănătoasă
  • VodaHost
    General & Forum Administrator

• Mar 2005

Re: Double occurrence extension: .bvp and .html in File Manager

You get the .bvp files as you must use the publish button within BlueVoda to upload files, otherwise
    the pages do not convert properly to html. Please see the below video on using the publish feature:

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Serbu
      Sergeant

• Dec 2009

Hello! Because I'm not native English, I think I have not explained well. That's why I filling out. I know the methodology of publishing pages built with BlueVoda (see capture 1). The problem is that after publication, in File manager appears the same page with two extensions: .bvp and .html. This happens time recently (see capture2 with three lines: red = today, blue = recently, green = older).
      The questions remain valid.
      Thank you very much!
      Viaţă Tă Sănătoasă

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Do not add any extension to your page titles at all: Save pages as "index" only and not as "index.bvp" ... again, save pages as "page-one" and not as "page-one.bvp" or "page-one.html"

The Tutorial shows this as something to add when naming pages, but it is wrong -- do not add any page extensions when naming, saving, or publishing pages.

If there is any duplication of pages, it is likely due to improper Publishing processing, which in turn happens whenever you have a bad connection or an interrupted publishing session.
        It is also an indication of when people try to "publish" a '.bvp' page by uploading page files directly to the server and public_html/ directory instead of using the Publish process as required to un-encrypt the HTML page BlueVoda creates.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X