• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cassen
    Private

• Apr 2009

Adding Link to Russian Text

I'm trying to update a link on one of the pages of my site that is written in Russian. When I do, the text changes from Russian to a bunch of question marks like this: ????????????????????????

When I origianally put the link there, this didn't happen. Why is it doing it now, and how do I fix it?

I posted this before - only one person answered, but they didn't understand what my problem was and the answer had nothig to do with what I'm asking. So, I'm asking again. Why does the text on my site change from Russian to question marks when I add a link to this text?
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Adding Link to Russian Text

Your last post was in 2009 (seen here), and you were surely using a different (older) version of BlueVoda. Have you upgraded your BlueVoda? Download the most current version of BlueVoda HERE and install according to the precise instructions outlined on the page.

Again .... although you may create webpages with Content composed using other language characters (the "text" you want to hyperlink), and even Title them in Page properties in a different language and characters (not always, though) since your Keyboard is set for the Character selected, the Pages themselves must be Saved originally using English - the Official language of the WWW and Coding - so the server heirarchy will both recognize them and process them as they were intended.

When you 'highlight' your text (whatever language or Characters it was written in), when it comes time to actually write your Hyperlink -- to another Page, or even using a Bookmark -- HYPERLINKS by nature of HTML coding does not accept any Characters other than English, which is why Pages published to a server must be Saved using English as well, so they can be incorporated into the creation of the Hyperlink.

When creating a hyperlink using any other language character, the System reads it as a Symbol instead, and thus the substitution. This is the same problem that is created if you Save a Page using any other language than English also ... the server will not recognize it, let alone "find" it to display.

If you are a VodaHost hosting customer, why don't you contact Customer Support, or, if you are not a VodaHost hosting customer and cannot ask for assistance from Customer Support, try doing a Google Search to find a solution if you think this explanation unsatisfactory.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
    X