• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kristy
    Private

• May 2013

Centering page in browser

Hi, This is the first time I've ever used BlueVoda and I'm a bit of an amateur. I don't have my page published yet as I only just started to work on it (so I can't give you a url), but my question is fairly simple. Is there something I'm supposed to do to make my page appear centered in the browser? I've placed my business logo (banner? leaderboard? not sure of the correct term) across the top of my screen that I want centered so the page is blank on either side. I did the whole 'Layout >> Center in page >> Horizontal' thing and it does center it in the BlueVoda design page, but when I preview it, it's on the left of my computer screen instead of being centered.
    To explain a little more clearly, this forum is centered in the browser with white space on either side of it. That's what I'm trying to do with my webpage, but mine is toward the left when I preview. Any advice would be very much appreciated.
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Centering page in browser

1. As you can see, the BlueVoda Workpane is bordered by the 'Margin Rulers' united at the Top-Left of the Workpane at the "0/0" position .... this suggests that everything you place upon your page must be relative to this starting point, or in more common terms, "everything on your pages must be flush and locked to the top-left corner" to be universally aligned.
    2. Once you have your "page" in the required top-left most locked position, this establishes the actual page display in that you have defined the parameters -- the width and length from this relative point.
    3. Once your page has been thus properly "defined" you can then select in PAGE PROPERTIES (from the Toolbar, EDIT > PAGE PROPERTIES) on the first appearing Tab in the PROPERTIES DIALOG: "Center this page horizontally in browser"
    It is clearly outlined in the Tutorial, although the version of BlueVoda has been upgraded and has a slightly different appearance for Centering.

You should become very familiar with all of the Tutorials, reviewing them in the order presented (as they are contextually created, building upon the skills in the sequence presented) to gain the expertise and skillset that you will need to use BlueVoda effectively.

> BlueVoda Tutorial Library

> Complete Tutorial Archive
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• Kristy
      Private

• May 2013

Re: Centering page in browser

I have actually gone through all the tutorials twice but don't remember that one. Thank you, it worked :)

Comment

Working...
      X