• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrstmb73
    Sergeant First Class

• Jun 2013

Having some issues

So I have been working on my website and I have run into an issue that I can't figure out why it is happening. Some og my pages are distorting at bottom of the pages when I publish. I have tried the square and rounded corner shapes, but it doesn't matter, it still is messing up. This is what I mean: http://adhd-bipolar-child.com/Aspectrum.html

I thought it had something to do with the shapes and layering of them, so I redid my whole site without layering shapes and it still is doing the same thing. Is there a reason why some of my pages are doing this?
    Tina
    ADHD-BiPolar-Child.com
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Having some issues

Two things to keep in mind:
    1. Whenever you "stretch" a SHAPE with shadow effects, distortion will occur naturally and display the distortions proportional to the degree of stretching from original size. To keep shading/shadows uniformly displayed page to page, try adding shadows the same configuration (-5, 5 on one layer and 5, 0 on the other -- using the -5 and the 5 to shadow the left and right, and the 0 on one to avoid "doubling" the bottom edge, which would make it much darker) to Shapes only after making them the desired overall size. This keeps a 5 pixel wide shadow (for example) from becoming a 25 pixel wide shadow due to being stretched ...

You are creating TextBox (Content Areas) much too large to hold formatting:
    Originally posted by Vasili View Post
    I suggest the "issue" is likely due to you using an improper method to create (and to duplicate) your pages, and how both dynamic (Menus, Conveyor, etc.) and static elements (images, with and without same titles) are affected ... also something discussed repeatedly and resolved using the clearly outlined methods posted in these Forums. 2. Another possible cause would be elements outside of page margins that are automatically "reforming" to the page body: make sure everything does not extend outside page margins. 3. And, a third may be simply breaking up any 'longer' Text Boxes into multiple smaller Text Boxes and placing them properly as desired, since large Text Boxes do not hold formatting over extraordinarly large pages areas -- and this dysfunction seems to disrupt other page areas as well.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• mrstmb73
      Sergeant First Class

• Jun 2013

To keep shading/shadows uniformly displayed page to page, try adding shadows the same configuration (-5, 5 on one layer and 5, 0 on the other -- using the -5 and the 5 to shadow the left and right, and the 0 on one to avoid "doubling" the bottom edge, which would make it much darker) to Shapes only after making them the desired overall size.
      If I understand correctly after I get the 2 shapes (which are set at -9, 9 & 9, 9) to desired size then add two more shapes on top of that set at 5 and the 5 to shadow the left and right, and the 0 on on top with a total of 4 shapes?
      Tina
      ADHD-BiPolar-Child.com

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by mrstmb73 View Post
        a total of 4 shapes???
        No. Not at all!

Start by simply removing the shadowing of your layered shapes, and then making them the size you need on each page to best be the backdrop for your text Content.
        Once your Shapes are the size required, THEN add the Shadowing, with the same settings used on all the pages.

Once you understand that aspect, then be sure to break up your Content into smaller, multiple TextBoxes to avoid formatting issues ...
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• mrstmb73
          Sergeant First Class

• Jun 2013

Thank You...Thank You...Thank You!! It worked!!! I have been making myself crazy trying to figure out why my pages were doing that!!!
          Tina
          ADHD-BiPolar-Child.com

Comment

Working...
          X